• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Tavor Killer: K&M ARMS M17S

im so grabbing the 9mm if its not to expensive :) I would like to see the m17s come in a 308 version but thats unlikely to happen
However, with a simple-ish barrel swap, you can make it .300BLK if you're looking for .30 caliber.

- - - Updated - - -

Tavor has 5.45 and 9mm(blowback) conversions that already exist but have yet to make it to the US market. If that tickled someone's fancy
I wonder, though, if you'll be able to swap them yourself without voiding the warranty - unlike the "ambi" bolt issue.

However, with a simple-ish barrel swap, you can make it .300BLK if you're looking for .30 caliber.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder, though, if you'll be able to swap them yourself without voiding the warranty - unlike the "ambi" bolt issue.

well apparently the barrel is easy to swap on a Tavor, and I imagine at least for the 5.45 is just a barrel and bolt swap, without any other modification, but I really have no personal experience or first hand knowledge.

With the complaints on the Tavor trigger....

It is intentionally heavy as the FCG is spring assisted to return to battery(not sure if that is actually the correct term), an attempt to prevent debris from preventing the hammer from moving rearward.

It's a feature many of us are unlikely to use, but a feature non the less in the game of give and take that guns inevitably deal with in design.

I have not measured the trigger on my Tavor but it does not seam heavy, it does feel spongey though and I'm looking forward to a crisp trigger on the m17s. The Tavor´s primary designed parameters were military reliance while the m17s is more of a range commando thing.
Given the choice of just those 2 in a SHTF scenario I would take the Tavor but if the choice was expanded to my whole collection I would likely pick the wars 10 over both of them or a 22Lr rifle.

It is intentionally heavy as the FCG is spring assisted to return to battery(not sure if that is actually the correct term), an attempt to prevent debris from preventing the hammer from moving rearward.

It's a feature many of us are unlikely to use, but a feature non the less in the game of give and take that guns inevitably deal with in design.

Agreed....bullpup triggers have always sucked. Ken has changed that. His drop in kit for the original M17S took the trigger from a mushy, indistinct 9+ pound trigger to a crisp, definite 6 pounds with zero creep. My bullpup 5.56 has a better trigger than any USGI AR trigger I've ever pulled so I can only imagine how nice his new one will be.

I understand the idea behind the spring assisted return to battery on the Tavor and I understand that "battle rifles" necessarily need more redundancy - however, having seen the trigger mechanism on this, I can't see how it could get mucked up outside of deliberate douchebaggery.

Back
Top Bottom