• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

TC Arms forend?

(M)

Default rank <3500 posts
100% Chuck Norris approved
104   0
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a 20" 45-70 Katahdin barrel for my prohunter and cannot find a straight answer as to which forend will fit it. I've called TC Arms direct and they say only the cheap looking black plastic katahdin forend will fit it but looking around on-line I found lots of different answers to this question plus a lot of people say the plastic katahdin forends don't hold up to the kick of the rounds their made for and crack so wood is what they recommend. I've been in contact with Haus of arms and the say the Revolution laminate muzzle loader forend fits perfect with adapter screws, they also sell really expensive forend/stock sets but I only need the forend or maybe I don't because I already have a muzzle loader forend and a pro hunter rifle barrel forend that some people on-line say fit just fine but others do not. How this pain in the a$% company stays in business is beyond me. Their product is quality but should it really be this hard to figure out? If anyone has any experience with this subject your knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

The 45-70 Katahdin barrel came in today and the package states there are 4 different size forends 20 guage, 12 guage, muzzle loader and center fire. The pro hunter rifle forend I already had for the 308 barrel fits perfectly. The muzzle loader fit also but required different screws. I not sure why the folks at Thompson center say only the Black Katahdin forend will fit these barrels but as far as I can tell they are wrong, maybe those answering their phones should read the package.

Back
Top Bottom