• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

TechCo AR15 Receiver Extension Tube Jig's are in stock and ready to order

cmshoot

Marines Icon
Staff member
Reaction score
This is the tool that Chad Albrecht of The School of American Rifle uses and recommends.

Additionally, Sons Of Liberty Gun Works has ordered these jigs. Once received, all of their AR's will be built using our jig.

This is the best tool on the market for assembling a lower while ensuring that the receiver extension (buffer tube) and the receiver remain perfectly aligned with each other. Other methods are cumbersome and not easy to use, while other tools on the market are cheap and made in China. None work as well as ours!

The TechCo Receiver Extension Tube Jig is 100% made and anodized right here in the good ol' USA......Georgia to be exact!

6E5DC359-60A0-4119-AF21-74B2392CEBAD.jpeg

I guess I don't understand the mechanics that well. How hard is it to keep the buffer tube aligned? Is it just a tolerance stacking issue, or is it an issue with poor quality parts?

I guess I don't understand the mechanics that well. How hard is it to keep the buffer tube aligned? Is it just a tolerance stacking issue, or is it an issue with poor quality parts?

Neither. It's the nature of the beast.

The extension is screwed into the receiver, and the castle nut acts as a jam nut, with the receiver end plate sandwiched between the receiver and the castle nut.

The REP has a tab that goes into a slot machined in the threads on the RE, but this is a loose fit. Even if the tab to slot fit is tight, the tab is steel and the threads are aluminum. There is not enough strength/resistance there to keep alignment.

At the least, the play in the slot will allow the RE to turn with the castle nut, up to a point. Sometimes it's worse than others. In many cases, the steel tab will gouge into the aluminum threads and allow the RE to turn even more.

When I'm in the shop this week, I'll torque up a few castle nuts using different tools, and take pictures showing how much out of alignment the parts can be when finished.

Back
Top Bottom