Tell me about Beretta 92X Centurion

It had fatter feel to it. It seemed bigger in a way by I guess basically you’re right. Sights and the rubber grip and engraving. I liked it. Kept it for years. Bought it new
I noticed the X comes with a grip (wrap around) . I guess it's in case you want the beefier grip? I just got around to reading the interwebs and it seems the X has more of an A1 feel if you leave the extra grip off? It'll be my first Beretta aside from a little Pico my wife carries. I have shot an A1 and liked it very much but couldn't find one at the price point. Thanks for the input .

I have several 92's, in several variants and the 92 Compact and the 92 Centurion are the ones that I shoot best when I do defense shooting, rapid fire.
Pros and cons would depend on the specific model and what you compare it to. However most of the customizations that are available for the full size are available for the compact and the centurion as well. There are only few parts that are not not interchangeable and the few that are not, do not impact on performances.

So basically $20 difference (in my case) for the rail. Maybe?
As I said on my previous post it depends on what you are comparing it to. If you are comparing it to the standard 92FS, or the previous versions of the 92 Centurion, among other things the 92X has a dovetail front sight, so you can replace it with a night sight if you want to.

https://www.beretta.com/en-us/92x-centurion/

It has the Vertec grip, instead of the traditional Beretta grip. You can also get a wraparound grip to simulate the traditional Beretta grip size and shape. I had a Vertec (essentially the same gun), & while I liked it, I ultimately wanted consistency with my other 92 and sold it to get an M9A1. My preference is the traditional 92 shape grip, with LTT ultra thin G10 panels. The Vertec grip angle & shape is really nice though.

The 92FS it’s shown with here is wearing standard G10 grips (not ultra thin) for comparison.

286E3489-5296-4EA8-9075-AD4390320113.jpeg
EB513C2B-BC19-4A0F-BE00-1D022A57BA0A.jpeg
DA3969FC-CF3B-42BF-A6A6-897B3DACA600.jpeg
04B21A5C-E79B-466C-86C6-7492654CF1F7.jpeg
A43CAB77-5694-4925-9EF6-6F738A4A2C4D.jpeg

ETA, 92 is my favorite line. So many right things about them. My recommendation is to do the G decocker conversion, & D hammer spring.

I noticed the X comes with a grip (wrap around) . I guess it's in case you want the beefier grip? I just got around to reading the interwebs and it seems the X has more of an A1 feel if you leave the extra grip off? It'll be my first Beretta aside from a little Pico my wife carries. I have shot an A1 and liked it very much but couldn't find one at the price point. Thanks for the input .

I guess I should have said that I bought mine in April of '02 so the newer ones are likely updated with doodads like a poster below states....I never thought it shot faster or better than a regular 92FS or M-9 I had, however..

Back
Top Bottom