Termites: Should I be worried?

sparked1

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
206   0
Reaction score
Today I found what I'm fairly certain are termites in a bag of mulch I've had sitting out back for a few weeks (from lowes or HD). They are still white/transparent and I can see just a few, less than 10 maybe. My question is whether or not I should be worried. I've heard of termites showing up in mulch like this, but not sure how much risk of an infestation this poses. I know what my extermination guy will likely tell me, but wanted to hear others' thoughts first. Thoughts?

whether you have them in you house or not is what i would be concerned about........if you live in GA you most likely have them on your property already anyway. the house i have now HAD termites before i bought it but the house was treated and had those little bait traps put out and no longer an issue. my sister just went through the same thing.

Termite inspections are usually free and if you find a reputable company in your area they will let you know if you do or not. i recommend some sort of home protection. it's usually around $700-ish initially and about $100-ish annually after that and it should include bonded insurance through them if you end up with termite damage while using their service that they cover 100% of any repairs.

Probably not unless the bag was against the foundation or in the garage. You probably have termite barrier around the foundation. If it was just in the yard they can join the gazillions of termites already there.

Back
Top Bottom