• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Termites: Should I be worried?

Got a few fire ant mounds around the yard. Never seen them in the house so I leave them alone for the most part. I'm gonna have Allgood come out this week and check the property. Thanks for the info gents. Wish me luck!

It's a bad idea to store anything made of wood within 30' of any house for this reason. You may be lucky and just had them eating the bag of mulch. Your termite inspector should be able to tell you if the house is infested, obviously.

A lot of companies are pushing the Sentricon system these days. I wouldn't trust it alone though. I would have the foundation of your house booster treated with Termidor. They'll have to dig a small trench around the house and drill small holes in any porches/concrete slabs you may have around the foundation and then pump it into the soil. After they're done, you can barely tell they were even drilled. I would recommend that instead of Sentricon alone. The best protection is the Termidor booster treatment with Sentricon, if you can afford it.

Scoop up a shovel full of ants, from a near by ant bed.Put the ants in the bag and let them work for you...

When it rains, termites comes to the surface for water and are all around your yard.Nothing bad, as long as your house is treated.

Scoop up a shovel full of ants, from a near by ant bed.Put the ants in the bag and let them work for you...

When it rains, termites comes to the surface for water and are all around your yard.Nothing bad, as long as your house is treated.

If he does that, the fire ants aren't going to kill the termite colony, they'll only kill the termites in the bag and near the surface.

About six infestations per acre in Ga. As long as your house is well treated you are fine. mine got infested from an untrearted porch. An inspection would have missed it completly.

As long as the bag wasn't leaned up against your house you should be fine.

Water and termites, homeowner's worst nightmare...

If he does that, the fire ants aren't going to kill the termite colony, they'll only kill the termites in the bag and near the surface.

That's my point, you can't kill all termites, you can only treat your home to prevent your home becoming the meal of the day.He had a question about the bag with termites and my suggestion is to add ants to the bag to kill what is in the bag so he could use the bag of mulch and move on without losing sleep thinking he just feed his house to these monsters.

You could also go to tractor supply and get termite spray and hose down the inside of the bag and wait 2 days and use as you like.About 10 bucks at tractor supply

I woodnt worry hahahah

Termites are everywhere if they are getting in they are already there bud. Get a good inspection treat what you got if anything. Chances are you can already go to the closest old fall of pine needles and dig in the ground under them and find termites, they are a big neccessity.
Id be more worried about carpenter ants honestly.

Back
Top Bottom