• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Texas Campus Carry begins on the Anniversary of UT Tower Shootings

RamRoddoc

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
62   0
Reaction score
Texas Campus carry begins on the August 1st, 50 year anniversary of the UT, Austin tower shootings.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/0...embers-ut-tower-shootings-50-years-later.html

Not well publicized but the initial effective contact with the Tower shooter was civilians who brought their hunting rifles and either engaged or lent their rifles to hand gun carrying LEO.

These "civilians" and their personal rifles reduced mortality and morbidity rates. The three responding officers encountered a 4th person a civilian "already inside the tower" ready to engage the shooter... He is one of the responders awarded a memorial plaque.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Whitman

Approximately 20 minutes after first shooting from the observation deck, Whitman began to encounter return fire from both the police and armed civilians.

Now to observe the effort to restrict "legal carry" for those who are not a threat, quite the contrary but then that's none of my business...

I'll be darned Fox... (John Lott)

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/08/01/its-about-time-for-texas-guns-on-campus-law.html

“They Call Me Ranger Ray”:

I was and am still upset that more recognition has not been given to the citizens who pulled out their hunting rifles and returned the sniper's fire. The City of Austin and the State of Texas should be forever thankful and grateful to them because of the many lives they saved that day. The sniper did a lot of damage when he could fire freely, but when the armed citizens began to return fire the sniper had to take cover. He had to shoot out of the rainspouts and that limited his targets. I am grateful to the citizens because they made my job easier.

This is consciously omitted in nearly "EVERY" "report" on nearly "every" news media source but Ranger Ray calls it out. Too bad the left will bury this in lies of omission. Guns are too dangerous for civilians.

One read about the sniper moved to the rain spouts but rare is the mention of the civilians with hunting rifles chasing that bastard into them. The police were ineffective with revolver fire at that range.

Well just let one student get injured/killed and you will hear about it.

No telling how many countless incidents where the firearm was used to defend oneself but you won't hear those stories by the media...

Well just let one student get injured/killed and you will hear about it.

No telling how many countless incidents where the firearm was used to defend oneself but you won't hear those stories by the media...

Yeah, how many times have we had to endure "well if they hadn't enacted campus carry we wouldn't have had this mass shooting"... Never!

Out of the entire state 3 professors are suing the state over allowing campus carry.

Back
Top Bottom