• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thank You ODT !!

eli'sbook

Default rank <2500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
351   0
Reaction score
N. E. Henry County between Stockbridge & Conyers
So sorry for being so late to sit down and write this to All you folks on the ODT. I want to say a sincere THANK YOU to each and every one of you who offered your help and your prayers plus your kind words in regards to a recent situation with my wife. I especially want to thank Hasselhoss, American Heritage Gun Range and poopdaddy - I wish I could name each of you individually for your help. I would have never guessed life would have turned out to be so difficult at this point in our lives. My wife and I married while still in High School and this November marks 39 years together for us. We started off life together with almost nothing and worked hard to get a home and start a family, life was looking good for many years and we were enjoying the ride. As law enforcement I worked three jobs to make ends meet but we did OK, then I changed careers and the income became wonderful. We were not even close to wealth but I made a bit more on one job than all three of my L.E. gigs combined. Fast forward to around the 2010 and life turned upside down. The events that unfolded to include losing our life savings via identity theft to my job ending (company went under) to my bride being hit with stage IIIc cancer requiring six surgical procedures and 18 months of intravenous chemotherapy, her diabetes worsened requiring a 24/7 pump devise, and a case of severe peripheral neuropathy have beat her down. What you folks did for us was absolutely wonderful and we thank you form the bottom of our hearts, we are still in a major struggle and life is still very hard. Our home is literally rotting out from under our feet and my old vehicle is nearing 275K but still ticking. We have more medical trouble brewing but it is what it is and I'm certain we are not in the boat alone. Got no idea how to give our grand babies a Christmas this year. The concern and care you all offered us allowed for a bit of ease to clear the slate on a few things I had no idea how to make right and could not have down without you.
I pray that somehow God shines on each of you for helping us, your help and prayers to a complete stranger is awesome. I wish that I could find a winning lottery ticket so that I could throw a dig shindig in your honor to allow us to show you our gratitude. I want to extend my hand to each of you and offer a hand shake of extreme gratitude and to look you in the eye and proclaim "Thank You" for being there for us.

I appreciate you, each and everyone of you.

May God bless and watch over you and yours, you are Angels in our eyes and we can only hope to someday be able to pay it forward.

Give us age and gender and we will talk to Santa! Ill give him a deal he cant refuse ! I pray that you two have the healing you deserve and the best Christmas ever!

Last edited:
Wow.. Your message came at a time when I needed it most (didn't know it till now). Like injun said, let us know some details on the little ones. I'll give up food to make sure all of the children don't go without (but I'm sure I won't have to).

God Bless you both as well as you family and friends.

Any info you can give us about the grand babies would be great. What are they into, like sports, hobbies, cloth sizes. Do they have jackets, etc..etc. do you need help with the house? There are a bunch of us that can swing a hammer and use a saw. Just let us know. You don't have to do this alone. Give me a call and I will help you any way I can. 678-634-6611..........Terry

Back
Top Bottom