• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thank You ODT !!

I love to see people come together in times of need. I've argued with some folks on here to the point of being sure I was on their ignore list. As soon as the call went out they were some of the first to step up and pitch in. That's how it should be.

I love to see people come together in times of need. I've argued with some folks on here to the point of being sure I was on their ignore list. As soon as the call went out they were some of the first to step up and pitch in. That's how it should be.

That is how I feel also we may have our disagreements but when it comes down to crunch time Gun people are the best!!!!!

I'm truly blessed to be a part of this group of folks.

But, I feel bad that I even mentioned my grandchildren in my post as it was meant to be a "thank you" to you all for standing in the gap for us and not a cry for more help. I saw your reply's to my post and have not had the words to answer, I had to share this with a close friend and I told him I'd feel guilty accepting and he all but slapped me into the real world. He said that I should never rob a person of the blessing they choose to be, to allow this to happen for our grand kids and let the spirit of Christmas be as it was meant to be. Guys/Gals of ODT I just do not know how to respond, all my adult life I've been able to be the provider to our family and I guess what it boils down to is that I may allow my pride to get the best of me. I'm thankful for each and every one of you, thank you for wanting to help make Christmas for our babies.

Boy 13
Boy 9
Boy 8
Girl 11
Girl 8
Girl 7
Girl 5

They are typical kids,
The boys are into outdoors stuff and are learning to shoot, they play ball, video games, go fishing and ride bikes.
The girls are into "Frozen" & Princess stuff, coloring books, playing school & house - plus dolls & bikes.
The only things I have heard the girls say they want so far is stuff to do with the movie "Frozen" to include backpacks for school.
The only things I have heard the boys say they want so far is air soft guns/gear, nerf stuff and the oldest boy wants black police type boots. He wears a 10. As with most kids they grow like weeds thereby always outgrowing close and since they are stair stepped in age they make hand me downs work till they can't be used. Simple common items they take for granted like socks, & underwear get outgrown at a high rate of speed. The best part is they are grateful of whatever they have and they are a happy bunch that make an old couple of grandparents smile ..........

Last edited:
It's starting to look like these babies are going to have at least some kind of Christmas and you folks are the GREATEST for helping to make it happen. I'm still digging around the house to sell off what I can find before the 25th, but I know now that they will not have to wake and not find something under the tree on Christmas morning.

christmas-quotes-008.jpg

Back
Top Bottom