• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Thanks Adventure Outdoors!! (PICS ADDED)

Good to hear good news again about AO.

Well, maybe not so good. I was in there today as well. It was my first visit, and I will say I wasn't impressed. Here are a few observations.

They have plenty of 762x39 in stock. But, it's really expensive. Tula was like 439.00 for 1000 rounds.

They have plenty of 40, 45acp, 380, and bird shot all gauges. Again, very expensive.

They did have 762x54r in 440 spam cans for 119.00. Not bad, but a little high.

Counter was busy, but not so much that you couldn't get helped in a few minutes. I found the guys to be very pleasant.

They have a bunch of ARs on the shelf, but they are not selling any. It's order only. Core 15 complete with full length quad rail for 1600.00. And, they are telling folks they can order an AR, pay for it up front, but it may come in at a higher price from the manufacturer, and you would have to pay the difference when it comes in if you want your rifle. Now I understand the uncertainty, but AO is perpetuating the hype. Stood there and listened to an employee say, "well we don't know what the government is gonna do, so we can't be for sure the price we give you will be the same when it comes in."

Krinco pistols for 900.00.

Kimbers were about average in price.

No 5.56 or 12 gauge buckshot/slugs.

Lots of used glocks in the 400 dollar range.

Watched a couple of transactions up front with gun purchases, transactions triple checked. Really seemed redundant.

Sign on register saying if your background check doesn't go thru, or you decide not to purchase after the check has started, there will be a $10.00 fee. WTF?

And a 3% surcharge for credit card transactions. I hate it when a business does that. Taking credit cards is a PART OF DOING BUSINESS! It is an expense incurred by the merchant, that they agree to when they sign up to take cards. I'm not sure it's legal to do that or not, but it sure puts a sour taste in your mouth.

And the place was a mess. Stuff strewn everywhere, and shelves are half empty.

How she sits so far...

View attachment 155407
View attachment 155408
uploadfromtaptalk1359046795033.jpg

Very nice, green with envy over here.

As far as Adventure Outdoors goes I've only been 1 time and other than standing there for 10 minutes behind some guy who wouldn't shut up about differences between magazine types for some pistol he had (you know the type, the guy who goes in the gun store to teach the salesman about guns but not actually buy anything) it was an ok experience. It sucked paying 3% extra but I understand I guess. It sucked waiting on the 5 different people who helped me get the gun out the door without shooting myself.

However I got a brand new stainless/synthetic 10/22 for $251 out the door which beats paying $400 for a used one on here :D

Very nice, green with envy over here.

As far as Adventure Outdoors goes I've only been 1 time and other than standing there for 10 minutes behind some guy who wouldn't shut up about differences between magazine types for some pistol he had (you know the type, the guy who goes in the gun store to teach the salesman about guns but not actually buy anything) it was an ok experience. It sucked paying 3% extra but I understand I guess. It sucked waiting on the 5 different people who helped me get the gun out the door without shooting myself.

However I got a brand new stainless/synthetic 10/22 for $251 out the door which beats paying $400 for a used one on here :D

Yep.

Back
Top Bottom