• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Adventure Outdoors…..opinions

Glock is just right down the road. If you have Glocks that you want to have checked out you can drop them off at Glock and kill time at Adv Outdoors. It's a big ass gun store and deals can be found at times. Like all gun shops - Caveat Emptor. Tru Prep is not to far away (on your way back to Ringold) and Georgia Firing line is not far from there. I'd hit them all.

Someone help me out. The popcorn thing..
ive never been nominated for the brightest child my folks had. yes i googled it, is it just a 'i'll sit back and watch'? Is that place of business controversial?

Just search the forum for "Adventure Outdoors". You may find a thread or two...

Oh lort, there's some good ol' fashioned hate for that place.

Decent selection, but I live in Canton and still won't burn the fuel to intentionally go down there. I swing by once in a blue moon when something else brings me to the area.

From Ringgold, I'd almost recommend tacking 30 minutes onto that voyage each way and head northwest to Murfreesboro, TN to scope out The Outpost Armory. I've scored solid pricing on a Barrett M99, Nightforce ATACR, Benelli M1014, and a few cases of ammo on different voyages up there. Their old location had a pretty solid spread of reloading stuff too, but I don't know that they've recreated that at their latest Murfreesboro or new Franklin locations.

If you must head south from Ringgold, I'd recommend starting at the south end and working your way up: TruPrep, GA Firing Line, Cherokee Gun & Pawn, and Appalachian Gun & Pawn. Head north after Appalachian visit and catch Hwy 53 back out to I-75N. Far more productive run than fighting through the Marietta/Smyrna clog for Adventure Outdoors.

But... If you've never been then maybe take the day to make the run and form your own opinion on them. Different strokes for different folks. Adventure Outdoors may turn out to be the best thing since sliced bread for you. They catch a ton of hate (pricing, staff, pricing, and pricing mainly) but I've certainly stumbled across worse.

The upside is that if you get there early enough and finish your lap through there, you can still hit many of the aforementioned places on your way back up (especially TruPrep and GA Firing Line which are almost right on the route). Still be a solid day of perusing I'd imagine.

It's a cool place to walk through if you've never been. They have a large selection of firearms but the prices are not so great. They have a huge overhead with the building size and the number of employees. As far as the ammo, they're still trying to sell at 2020 prices. It's really the highest in GA. As many have said above, I would go if I were in the area but I definitely would not make a special trip.

Bought a used 870 there roughly 2 weeks ago for a good price. Guys behind the counter seemed short/borderline rude. Had much better experiences at other shops but I do see the appeal of going here.

Great selection, but I'd only stop in along the way to somewhere else, not make a special trip. Also, that construction going on there makes it a nightmare to get through sometimes.

I also agree with Scraper, Cherokee Gun & Pawn has done alright by me, bought my G26 and GP-100 here for a good price, plus they have a decent selection of ammo, even oddball stuff, good folks there!

Back
Top Bottom