• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Adventure Outdoors…..opinions

Someone help me out. The popcorn thing..
ive never been nominated for the brightest child my folks had. yes i googled it, is it just a 'i'll sit back and watch'? Is that place of business controversial?
I've said the same thing about me sometimes. In this situation, even a dog gets a bone every once in a while. Just remember we usually gain knowledge as we get older

Not worth the time, I go there time to time but prices are well above average mostly full blown retail, they do have several gimmick sales where you get multiple guns at a decent deal or buy overpriced ammo and get a gun free, other than that if you have tons of money and don't care what you spend it's a ok place.

Decent selection, but I live in Canton and still won't burn the fuel to intentionally go down there. I swing by once in a blue moon when something else brings me to the area.

From Ringgold, I'd almost recommend tacking 30 minutes onto that voyage each way and head northwest to Murfreesboro, TN to scope out The Outpost Armory. I've scored solid pricing on a Barrett M99, Nightforce ATACR, Benelli M1014, and a few cases of ammo on different voyages up there. Their old location had a pretty solid spread of reloading stuff too, but I don't know that they've recreated that at their latest Murfreesboro or new Franklin locations.

If you must head south from Ringgold, I'd recommend starting at the south end and working your way up: TruPrep, GA Firing Line, Cherokee Gun & Pawn, and Appalachian Gun & Pawn. Head north after Appalachian visit and catch Hwy 53 back out to I-75N. Far more productive run than fighting through the Marietta/Smyrna clog for Adventure Outdoors.

While you’re on 53, you might as well hit Dawsonville gun and Georgia Gun Store.

I bought two guns there in my lifetime.
15 years ago, at their old location, I got a pretty good deal on a lightly-used Bersa thunder .380 for $225.

Then several years ago I wanted to get a Ruger mini 30 stainless in a black synthetic stock. All the dealers
didn't have them in stock, and wouldn't even promise a delivery date if they ordered them. But outdoor adventures said they could get one in a month. I think it took them six weeks, but they did get it eventually. The price was in line with what other dealers would've charged if they had any. $900, if I recall.

For the last several years they have let folks have a Car Show in the front of their parking lot. They also allow folks to come in and use their bathroom. Their bathrooms are pretty nice.

When they first moved into the new building (used to be in a much smaller place up the street) they had ads and inventory on the internet. You could order stuff at pretty good sales prices and drop by and pick it up. They special ordered 4 or 5 rifles for me at good prices.

But, over the last 2 or 3 years they have stopped being a great place to shop. There are no sales people on the floor. I hunted the holster aisle looking for a specific holster for about 45 minutes and no one ever came by to help me. If you want ammo you are pretty much on your own to pick and choose because you won't get much if any help there.

I asked them about a Rossi Wizard rifle a few years back. The 2 clerks working the Rossi area laughed at me and said there was no such thing. Maybe they are right and mine might be a figment of my imagination.

Bottom line, if I were going to a car show held there I would surely go. Lots of parking, there is usually a Chik-Fil-A truck there and nice bathrooms inside. If I were shopping for guns I would probably blow it off.

If you want good deals, get tickets to the ODT Gun Show on May 6, come on down to the Cobb Civic Center and buy some guns from me and the rest of the nice folks from ODT.

Back
Top Bottom