• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

The Ammo Manufacters Haven't Even Begun to Catch Up?

I don't know about AR ammo as I don't have one, but I bet 9mm (which I have several of) will be fine. Walked into Academy the other day and they had plenty. Bought a few boxes for the range and I'm sure they'll have plenty more in the future. (But I do have a couple hundred rds stashed just in case!)

Its not availability I'm concerning with. Theres ammo out there right now, its the price I'm worried about. I googled bulk ammo and bulkammo.com is the first result, they selling a box of American Eagle 124grn FMJ for $20.70. Thats a stupid price.

Couldn't an ammo limit be considered unconstitutional in itself but you are basically governing what people can buy? Theres no limits on how much alcohol a person can buy or how much cold medicine someone can buy so why the limit on ammo?

I will start out by saying that I work at a pharmacy and I will tell you that if you go into any pharmacy in Ga. and try to buy ten boxes of Pseudoephedrine "cold medicine" you will find out real quick that the government can limit how much of something you can buy. Unfortunately the 2nd Amendment doesn't mean squat to a great many of people on capital hill and they could definitely pass an ammo limit if they wanted to. The 2A says nothing about ammo so do you think a liberal Supreme Court would rule an ammo limit unconstitutional? Heck, the president could sign an executive order if he wanted to. Anyway, not trying to fuel the panic buy, I'm just saying. I wouldn't put anything past this government.

I will start out by saying that I work at a pharmacy and I will tell you that if you go into any pharmacy in Ga. and try to buy ten boxes of Pseudoephedrine "cold medicine" you will find out real quick that the government can limit how much of something you can buy. Unfortunately the 2nd Amendment doesn't mean squat to a great many of people on capital hill and they could definitely pass an ammo limit if they wanted to. The 2A says nothing about ammo so do you think a liberal Supreme Court would rule an ammo limit unconstitutional? Heck, the president could sign an executive order if he wanted to. Anyway, not trying to fuel the panic buy, I'm just saying. I wouldn't put anything past this government.

I know they took the stuff you use to make like meth or something and put it back behind the counter but you can still buy barrels of beer.

I agree.I don't know if it will be this bad but I think we have a long road ahead of us. I think that even if nothing happens in terms of bans, legislation, etc some people will have learned a lesson of not getting caught with their pants down so to speak. I know I have been slacking on my ammo stocking up but I also havent shot in over 3 years so I wasn't really worried about it.
People never learn. Last time it took over 3 years and yet some people still managed to get caught with their pants down. Humans as a whole are a pretty stupid species.

Back
Top Bottom