• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

The best way to drink whiskey, according to science

The Distiller has worked hard to remove water from the Whisky to achieve a particular taste and aroma.
Adding water by splash or ice reverses his work and robs the drinker of the product intended.
Drink your Whisky neat.

Scotch or Irish whiskey to me is best with a few big ice cubes. Let them melt a minute or two and then it's perfect.
My old man used to keep three whiskys, a cheap one for those who wanted coke or some other such abomination with it, one for those who wanted soda water, water or ice with it and one for his Scottish mates who drank it neat.

My old man used to keep three whiskys, a cheap one for those who wanted coke or some other such abomination with it, one for those who wanted soda water, water or ice with it and one for his Scottish mates who drank it neat.
Well I do NOT drink any whiskey with Coke or other soft drinks. When I started drinking Scotch I didn't know any better so drank Cutty or J&B. In 93/94 that was up town to me. And I mixed it with some club soda. Probably still would if I had either of those brands. So then I moved up to Dewar's and from there on to Chivas Regal and JW Black Label which I could do with the soda or with just ice. But then I just had to move up to Glenlivet, Glenfiddich and so on. Problem with that is that I can sit and kill a fifth by myself. The other problem is once you dip into the single malts you can't go back to Dewar's.

Now about 10 years ago I discovered Bushmills and Jameson's Irish whiskey. Both very smooth and easy to drink. And for me that's a slippery slope. I don't even want to think about all the money I literally pissed away in the late 90s.

Misleading title. The article is open ended and states that not enough ingredients were tested and there is no real answer to the question...

Man we've got some high rollers around here!

Heck, I thought I was living the good life when FrogHunter FrogHunter bought me a bottle of Black Velvet and a 2 liter of Sams Choice cola to mix it with.

The hellacious hangover I had the next day changed my mind though.

It was Coca-Cola not Sam's
Oh yeah, I remember now!

I wanted to get a bottle of Sams Choice, but you called me a cheap SOB and wanted to get the name-brand Coke.

Then we went to the liquor store and you proceeded to buy a bottle of Black Velvet to mix it with. LMAO!

I guess it worked though, because I ended up face down on the beach in Florida in the pouring rain at midnight.

THAT my friends is the best way to drink whiskey.

Oh yeah, I remember now!

I wanted to get a bottle of Sams Choice, but you called me a cheap SOB and wanted to get the name-brand Coke.

Then we went to the liquor store and you proceeded to buy a bottle of Black Velvet to mix it with. LMAO!

I guess it worked though, because I ended up face down on the beach in Florida in the pouring rain at midnight.

THAT my friends is the best way to drink whiskey.
Hey man in the early 80s Black Velvet WAS high rollin' like Crown Royal.i have never tried Black Velvet but I can testify that Crown is some sickeningly sweet nasty ****. And to this day if you find a purple CR bag at any house you walk into there's a 90% chance it will have dope and dope paraphernalia inside.

Back
Top Bottom