• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Colony

Same thing for me. I know you can't actually put anybody in that situation until
it really happens but the dynamics of the situation change when it is for real.

Weapons in general would play a VERY LARGE part in that type of situation
but I understand why they can't include those in their experiment.

I thought it would be cool, but that whole "three aggressive wanderers" show up stuff was ridiculous. The aggressive wanderers would have been beaten to death by the colony...but since it's all an act anyway, they have to come up with less violent/forceful options that just wouldn't be workable in an apocalyptic/complete/total breakdown of society.

I didn't enjoy it for the same reasons as listed. Very washed down unrealistic. The Colony should have been killed off by the looters. Real world they would have been dead as soon as the 3 scouts walked away.

Did anyone else see the one guys profession as artist and instantly said to your self " Oh hes gonna be worthless"

I thought it would be cool, but that whole "three aggressive wanderers" show up stuff was ridiculous. The aggressive wanderers would have been beaten to death by the colony...but since it's all an act anyway, they have to come up with less violent/forceful options that just wouldn't be workable in an apocalyptic/complete/total breakdown of society.

Same thing here. I watched the last season and enjoyed it well enough (even though it became pretty apparent towards the end that the Colonists were all actors).

This season seems to be pretty cheesy so far, with the first episode already having me cry shenanigans. I think Imma have to pass on this one.

Well, I still watch this show and I have no freakin idea why. Every time I watch a new episode its a constant struggle not to turn it off. If anyone caught this weeks episode, how did you like the former USMC sniper living in their camp for 36 days without them knowing, thats pretty awesome hahaha.

Well, I still watch this show and I have no freakin idea why. Every time I watch a new episode its a constant struggle not to turn it off. If anyone caught this weeks episode, how did you like the former USMC sniper living in their camp for 36 days without them knowing, thats pretty awesome hahaha.

Same for me. It's like that stupid show "Lost" , I watched it until it went off the air- and never had a frickin idear what was going on... but there I was....like a "sheeple" watchin....
I liked the "Alaska Experiment" they did a while back.. better true sense of survival.. along the line of."if we don't kill sumpin- we ain't gonna eat" !!

Back
Top Bottom