• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The current state of our economy

thousands of years of History tells us that the average life span of a fiat currency is 45 to 50 years. Do the math..

Do you have any examples of fiat currency systems that fell apart in roughly that amount of time? And any examples of hard money system societies that weren't eventually felled by the disintigration of their society, regardless of money?

Not disagreeing with you, but I'm not familiar enough with the lessons of money history to know what you are referring to.

Do you have any examples of fiat currency systems that fell apart in roughly that amount of time? And any examples of hard money system societies that weren't eventually felled by the disintigration of their society, regardless of money?

Not disagreeing with you, but I'm not familiar enough with the lessons of money history to know what you are referring to.
Looks like I was mistaken. I fought too many hippies without my helmet back in the 60's and my memory is (always has been) less then perfect. If you google "lifespan of fiat currency" the average lifespan ranges 27 to 40years. Ours has only lived so long due the the world reserve status. We live well, above our means, due to the fact that we export our debt to other countries buying their goods, and forcing the to use only fiat USD, and at the same time, call our debt, an asset. Almost every war we have fought since WWII was to protect the petro/world reserve currency. If the main product of Kuwait was bananas, would we have been there? Iran was invaded because Sadam was bypassing the petro dollar by trading oil for gold (not a fiat currency)
Read up. You will find the examples you seek. most of the worlds economies are collapsing due to one tactic: creating credit out of thin air. All the worlds fiat currencies are racing to the bottom. The USSA is loosing the race, so it is touted as being a strong currency.

So what moosensquirrel moosensquirrel is saying in laymen's terms is, we all ****ed. Unless we're sitting on a stash of gold and stippled Glocks.
I do not know what a stippled glock is, but having a store of food, access to clean water, a means of self defense, survival supplies, etc, are more important than gold initially. Gold itself, has a 6000 year history as a store of value and a trusted medium of exchange. It will not protect you against ineptitude, incapacity, or neglect...or denial. There is no telling how this will play out, however left to themselves, things always go from bad to worse.

The best thing overall, besides faith in something that is larger than yourself, is to not be there when things go really bad.

I do not know what a stippled glock is, but having a store of food, access to clean water, a means of self defense, survival supplies, etc, are more important than gold initially. Gold itself, has a 6000 year history as a store of value and a trusted medium of exchange. It will not protect you against ineptitude, incapacity, or neglect...or denial. There is no telling how this will play out, however left to themselves, things always go from bad to worse.

The best thing overall, besides faith in something that is larger than yourself, is to not be there when things go really bad.
Bro, you really got to get a sense of humor :lol: You're way too serious all the time on here!

Oh and stippled Glock? Spend some time in the classifieds. It's a long time running joke here.

I will be the happiest man on earth if I am wrong, and can say seriously that I truly hope so. I sleep like a baby at night with the firm knowledge that our fates have already been decided, so why worry. I laugh all the time..

As I see it, if anyone is offended by my thoughts, the one who is trying to tell the truth is not the one with the problem.

Back
Top Bottom