• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Day Pontiac Died

The biggest obstacle to Pontiac being competitive wasn’t Ford or Chrysler, it was GM corporate management because they didn't want Pontiac to outshine and outperform Chevrolet
YEP!!! did you ever see a "Pontiac power" book....like you did for Chevy???
along with all the OEM products.....I built a dressed up 350, all from OEM parts....not like ALL the monster car folks here post up, BUT it did a good job getting me where I was going....the intake was not GM, or the hedders...

20220118_195541.png

I worked in Pontiac, MI (1980's) and delivered products from my family business to the Pontiac plants (I specifically remember the Fiero plant). The buildings were so big you had to drive inside of them to get from one place to another.

I've owned 4 TransAm's, one Grand Prix. My last was the last year of Production. 2002 Ram Air T/A. I could kick myself in the teeth for selling it. It had 7,000 miles when I bought it in 2009. I immediately took out the engine and put about 20 grand in it with a nitrous kit. It was a monster.

IMG_0265.JPG
IMG_0254.JPG
IMG_0223.JPG

This is one of two
firebirds I owned

The other was a white 70 trans am

I owned both of them while I was working at a ga state park , the uniforms we wore looked exactly like the game wardens , except it said “parks and historic sites “ instead of “law enforcement “

So if you got stopped the cops never wrote you a ticket and rarely even asked for your license .

IMG_6143.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom