• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Dirt on Netflix

letusbuyyourcar

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
203   0
Reaction score
First of all let me just say that I never hated Motley Crue but they were pretty far down my list of favorite 80s bands. But back in 09 I read The Dirt and it was quite the compelling read. What set it apart from most other band bios I've read was that everyone got equal input. No bashing a guy who wasn't around to defend himself .
So last week I got the email from Netflix about them adding this movie to their current releases. All I can say is you don't have to be a hardcore Crue fan to enjoy this one. It's the non sugar coated real version of true events. My only gripe of course would be that so much from the book was left out. But I know they couldn't get it all in. Oh and do NOT watch it with your kids!
I still dig a true story with a happy ending.

As someone who, like you, read the book, I agree that it could have been much better had it included more. It was entertaining for the most part, while also being a little disappointing.

First of all let me just say that I never hated Motley Crue but they were pretty far down my list of favorite 80s bands.
Yeah, same here, but Mrs Ed got us some tickets to see them in the mid 90's, so we went, good show, not great IMO. She became a real fan then.
But her real story is that when she started following Nikki on Tweeter, she got a message a few hours later congratulating her for being his 100,000th follower. And they offered up an autographed bass and a backstage meet and greet, a month later when they were in town. What's that outdoor venue south of town called now a days? It was pretty brief, but a few minutes of small talk and pictures taken, before the concert. This was 5 or 6 years ago, I think.
NikkiSamAngie.jpg

We watched The Dirt the other night, I thought it went a little overboard on some things, not far enough on others. I haven't read the book.

The book is def required reading. The movie is good and the chick they cast to play Heather Locklear looked just like her!

Yeah, same here, but Mrs Ed got us some tickets to see them in the mid 90's, so we went, good show, not great IMO. She became a real fan then.
But her real story is that when she started following Nikki on Tweeter, she got a message a few hours later congratulating her for being his 100,000th follower. And they offered up an autographed bass and a backstage meet and greet, a month later when they were in town. What's that outdoor venue south of town called now a days? It was pretty brief, but a few minutes of small talk and pictures taken, before the concert. This was 5 or 6 years ago, I think.
View attachment 2061841

We watched The Dirt the other night, I thought it went a little overboard on some things, not far enough on others. I haven't read the book.
That had to be awesome. And that Thunderbird bass he always played is ALMOST as cool as Lemmy' s Rickenbacker.
When I tried to tale up the bass over 10 years ago I looked all over for a lefty version of that Third or even an EBO which is the bass version of the SG like Angus Young plays. But unfortunately Epiphone completely ignores left-handed folks and I damn sure couldn't afford a Gibson.

Back
Top Bottom