• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Dunce Hat

SpritzUSMC

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
69   0
Reaction score
I come across it from time to time, but I'm still unclear as to what it means or what one does to earn such a dubious honor. Also have seen the banned tag as well. What do these mean and what causes them?

When you screw up and break the rules you get points.
Points wear out like the one's on a license, if at anytime you get 11 active points you're banned.
Dunce hats are awarded and are like time outs.
(There's a LOT of ways to break the rules ......)

Oh! and Semper Fi (1975-1982)

Points wear out like the one's on a license, if at anytime you get 11 active points you're banned.

I've got four but they're all for dumb things, last one I got was because I forgot to put a price on an item. When do they fall off? The ones I've seen all seem to have shotty trade stats which seems to make sense. But to get get banned for too many infractions? Seems pretty lame to me. S/f to you too sir ('03-'09)

I've got four but they're all for dumb things, last one I got was because I forgot to put a price on an item. When do they fall off? The ones I've seen all seem to have shotty trade stats which seems to make sense. But to get get banned for too many infractions? Seems pretty lame to me. S/f to you too sir ('03-'09)

Geez I don't remember what I read about when they fall off. Not for sure anyway, but best I recall it was 12 months or less. Most of the members that get dunce hats have been here awhile. They're not usually surprised when they get them. Before they push the post reply button they know they're pushing the limits of the rules (and maybe the buttons of a mod).

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why the ODT is going to be just fine; the latest tempest in a tea pot not withstanding.

Geez I don't remember what I read about when they fall off. Not for sure anyway, but best I recall it was 12 months or less. Most of the members that get dunce hats have been here awhile. They're not usually surprised when they get them. Before they push the post reply button they know they're pushing the limits of the rules (and maybe the buttons of a mod).
If that's the case then I think I've only got one

There are few rules here. If you get a permanent ban you had to have tried to get banned in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom