• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

-The Georgia Guidestones - (well worth the view)

You might be onto something.....

By the way, they are printed in English, Spanish, Swahili, Hindi, Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese, and Russian. Even hippies have no love for the French? :confused: Dang...

That's because the French never win. They aren't American

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest the medium (Granite) was soley for durability. The message was not to inspire the use of granite from the area.

Elberton, where the Stones are located was/is known as the Granite Capital of Georgia. I still contend that sales of domestic granite started falling and sales of imported granite were increasing during the time the stones were built.

It was just a plan by city leaders to draw people to Elberton due to economic changes.

Last edited:
Elberton, where the Stones are located was/is known as the Granite Capital of Georgia. I still contend that sales of domestic granite started falling and sales of imported granite were increasing during the time the stones were built.

It was just a plan by city leaders to draw people to Elberton due to economic changes.
Capitalist hippies? :confused:

Could be. :noidea:

That's a thought... can't say I agree with it.
The depth applied to create these is incredible. They are in perfect allignment in a location that has caused a high level of interest.

The small piece that was added was simply a date. Kind of creepy

Similar "Stones" could have been placed anywhere in the Northern hemisphere.

The hole drilled that always aligns with Polaris. Just adjust the angle of the hole.
The slot that allows you to watch the sunrise and sunset. Could be duplicated anywhere.

Placing similar stones anywhere else is just a matter of basic engineering and astronomy. Its an interesting idea and made more mysterious by ramblings drawn from "free thinkers" through the ages. I'm telling you. A group of city leaders cooked this up. They probably get together, drinking beer and talk about the folks who are drawn to the site.

Similar "Stones" could have been placed anywhere in the Northern hemisphere.

The hole drilled that always aligns with Polaris. Just adjust the angle of the hole.
The slot that allows you to watch the sunrise and sunset. Could be duplicated anywhere.

Placing similar stones anywhere else is just a matter of basic engineering and astronomy. Its an interesting idea and made more mysterious by ramblings drawn from "free thinkers" through the ages. I'm telling you. A group of city leaders cooked this up. They probably get together, drinking beer and talk about the folks who are drawn to the site.
And the increase in granite sales since 79.

They didn't protect it when it was first built. It wasn't until it was vandalized

Back
Top Bottom