• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Guitar photo thread!

those were the first modeling amps i ever heard after i got back into playing. took about 16 yrs off
to go through a hell i had help with creating lol. when i left rack units were getting very popular.
i came back and all my old pedals were worth a small fortune and still cool to use as racks had
come and gone already.
Not gone. Fractal Audio makes a bad ass rack unit that many many pros are using right now. Expensive as hell though.

The trend now is boutique EVERYTHING! $2500+ strat/tele copies, hundreds of variants on the TS9/808 & DS1. Blah blah blah...

My favorites now are the Greer Lightspeed and Free The Tone MS SOV.

Tons of amps that copy the Matchless/BadCat, Dr.Z, Trainwreck, Twin Reverb and Dumble circuits are all over the market too...

All I'm using with the Peavy is a Maxon 808 OD in front of the amp and a ISP Decimator 2 noise gate in the effects loop.

Not gone. Fractal Audio makes a bad ass rack unit that many many pros are using right now. Expensive as hell though.

The trend now is boutique EVERYTHING! $2500+ strat/tele copies, hundreds of variants on the TS9/808 & DS1. Blah blah blah...

My favorites now are the Greer Lightspeed and Free The Tone MS SOV.

Tons of amps that copy the Matchless/BadCat, Dr.Z, Trainwreck, Twin Reverb and Dumble circuits are all over the market too...

i want a matchless so bad. when i get one you will know. there will be this light from heaven shining down................
oh and that new mesa boogie mark 5 25. omg its to die for lol.

ive got over 40. mostly old Boss stuff. Boss quality has either went down or the little guy has pumped up
his game and is offering better stuff these days than Boss. im spreading out more. looking at EH, Dunlop,
fulltone, paisley drive folks ect
Check out Southern Guitars on Facebook or Instagram. He is a big boutique pedal dealer. If you want something different, he probably has it. Pedal wise that is...

The old Japanese Boss pedals catch quite a premium too. Don't suppose you have a few of those?

yes they do bring some good cash flow. most of my pedals i use for different rigs.
thing is, a lot of people want way to much for some of the older pedals. its crazy
at the moment the prices
\

ive never messed with maxon. are they a lot like the 808 tube screamer?
im a huge fan of a carbon copy and the OCD pedals together.

Others can correct me if I am wrong, but Maxon made the Tube Screamers for Ibanez. So, if your buying a Maxon, your actually buying the OEM version. Ibanez was just slapped on it for them.

Back
Top Bottom