• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Guitar photo thread!

I'm still a Gibson fan, just buy older ones. Why do you think they changed from banjo tuners on the Firebird? I think it changes the look of the headstock.
Banjo tuners blow dogs for quarters. My 96' I still have and my 98' and 76' which are long gone have/had them. The ratios are too low and they are HEAVY. The regular neck through body Firebird reverse guitars are very neck heavy anyways. To the point when you let them go with a strap on them, they dive headstock first towards the ground. Not comfortable to play for an entire gig. I loathe 99.99% of any new Gibson guitars, but the new Firebird tuners are alot lighter much more practical. plus on the Firebird V, the still stick out the back. The Firebird I just got has Explorer style Grovers. The headstock is non-reverse like a 1965. transition model. Much easier to tune, and way lighter.

Pictured is one of my unicorn guitars. A 1965 Gibson Firebird III transition model. Notice the headstock and tuners, and how to new 2018 Studio P-90, pay homage to this without costing $18-20K
upload_2017-9-17_19-32-3.png

Just picked up another Tele. It is a brand new standard Mex. Simple, and exactly what I need for playing live.

DSC01166.JPG

And just for giggles, my Corbin (whatever that is) Les Paul copy. $80 at a local pawn shop, practically brand new. Best $80 I've ever spent. It plays and sounds incredible. I need to change the cheap tuners. That's the only minor criticism I can make about it. It is one of my regular players. Just a very, VERY solid axe. Plugged into my Fender tube it is pure ecstasy! I love cheap guitars!

DSC01165.JPG

Just picked up this Squier Strat Deluxe in Daphne blue. I got a great deal at Sweetwater and could not resist. Over the years I have found Squier instruments to be more than acceptable, and a great value. Perfect for gigs where I don't want to drag along my higher end stuff.

This is a pic sent to me of the actual guitar, before I received it. Beauty, me thinks.

ICS17204167-front-large.jpg

Just picked up this Squier Strat Deluxe in Daphne blue. I got a great deal at Sweetwater and could not resist. Over the years I have found Squier instruments to be more than acceptable, and a great value. Perfect for gigs where I don't want to drag along my higher end stuff.

This is a pic sent to me of the actual guitar, before I received it. Beauty, me thinks.

View attachment 1392386
Ive got a Styx signed squire that sounds better than my custom shop...so It does get played and has a cool sound..but the custom shop has a unique sound like no other that Ive heard

Reactions: MRH
Ive got a Styx signed squire that sounds better than my custom shop...so It does get played and has a cool sound..but the custom shop has a unique sound like no other that Ive heard

It just goes to prove sometimes price tags do not reflect quality. There is some high end stuff that is amazing, and I have some pricey ones, but nothing too fancy. I am more of a player than a collector.

I played a Squier Telecaster for many years as my main axe. It was a great guitar so I played it. LOL Simple as that.

It just goes to prove sometimes price tags do not reflect quality. There is some high end stuff that is amazing, and I have some pricey ones, but nothing too fancy. I am more of a player than a collector.

I played a Squier Telecaster for many years as my main axe. It was a great guitar so I played it. LOL Simple as that.
so true ...I got the custom shop from the luthier that built it and gigged it out..a unique individual to say the least. no markings other than serial number..with a heavy swamp ash body,vintage tuners and pots,Texas special singles and a Seymour Duncan custom wound humbucker with splitter and wired out of phase has a heavy nasaly tone with lots of sustain with that ash..the only issue i have with it is the small fretts..i like em big for big bends and lots of tremelo

Reactions: MRH
so true ...I got the custom shop from the luthier that built it and gigged it out..a unique individual to say the least. no markings other than serial number..with a heavy swamp ash body,vintage tuners and pots,Texas special singles and a Seymour Duncan custom wound humbucker with splitter and wired out of phase has a heavy nasaly tone with lots of sustain with that ash..the only issue i have with it is the small fretts..i like em big for big bends and lots of tremelo

Heck yeah man I like bigger frets too, and for the same reasons. They don't have to be jumbo sized for me, but I prefer the bigger frets fo sho.

Back
Top Bottom