• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Guitar photo thread!

Guild peregrine. my brother passed away and left about 25 guitars for his widow to figure out what to do with. they are all for sale some are here in ga. some are in colorado. anybody int can pm me. thx
this ine is one of 20 made with that crazy maple top.
20170331_141236.jpg

Either way, that's a hell of a retirement gift! I like it a lot!

Setzer played at the little amphitheater down in Newnan a year or so ago. I was going to go, but got called in to work that night...smh

Hell I think she is very pretty. I like the humbucker in the neck position.
Its not traditional but it is a blast to play. That neck bucker really changes things.

View attachment 2712517 just found this thread..wow guitars on odt it dont get any better. couple of my children.
santa cruz tony ruce pro and an old d60 dobro

I like that SC. I have not played the Tony Rice model but have played a few of their dreads. They make some nice stuff. I'm a dread head all the way.

I was in Nashville 2 weeks ago and played a plethora of guitars. I was definitely on the search. I played a Collings that sounded beautiful, but there was something in the neck I could not get on with...I stopped by Gruhn's and played 5 of the new Martin D-18 sinkers, made from 100+ year old sinker mahogany, and wasn't very impressed with any of them. Big disappointment. I had my mind made up to bring home one of those sinkers. The reviews are glowing, but no, I was not digging them very much. They were not awful but I found all of them to be pretty average...I did play a '68 D-28 that was pretty fantastic. It was $5500, and so good I almost bought it, but could not make up my mind so it stayed...I still think about it, though...

And speaking of Gruhn's...It is not what it once was, IMO. The new location feels uncomfortable to me, and they are more focused on new retail Martins than vintage, so it seems. I don't know exactly why, but I was turned off by the new feel, and don't know if I will ever go back. I loved the old Gruhn's.

I had an offer from an acquaintance down in Savannah for his Froggy Bottom mahogany dread. It is slightly less than the D-28, if you can believe that. It's a great deal, but I will have to have it shipped without playing it, and I hate doing that when spending north of $5k...

Has anyone tried any of the Boucher guitars? They are making some fantastic sounding guitars, but again, I would like to play one before purchasing...I know that Righteous has a couple in stock, but ah, no dreads...

Guild peregrine. my brother passed away and left about 25 guitars for his widow to figure out what to do with. they are all for sale some are here in ga. some are in colorado. anybody int can pm me. thx
this ine is one of 20 made with that crazy maple top. View attachment 2712525

That's an odd bird. Can't say I've seen one of these, and I am a big fan of Guild.

bought a 72 D12-28 from gruhns bout a year ago. played the sinkers while i was there. did they give u the vince gill story?. he has bought 7 or so for himself and friends. and has a uutube video about the gtar.
i couldnt pull the trigger on one of those and the 12st...
i have 2 sc tony rice and a couple d28s and 35.
nothing plays or sounds like the sc imo.
the tr pro isnt as played in like the standard t.rice . local luthier built a d28/tr copy fir me a few yrs ago. he did a fabulous job. has only built much since .
you familiar with grinning elk? in dville. they leep some nice...pricey stuff.

Back
Top Bottom