• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Gun Run, Clinton House, SC, June 13th, 2020

Has anybody ever used one of those poly lowers to save weight? I want to build an RnG rig soon and I was thinking about a 16" pencil or lite profile barrel with a regular old plastic handgaurd and a 4x scope with offsets.

Thoughts?
Lowers are usually 8 to 9 oz. Bushy CF are 4.5. TAC with the brass inserts are 5.6. You would get the same difference going to 14.5 from 16 and not have a fragile lower.

ACOG and offset irons would be lighter than most LPVO by quite a bit.

Carrying the weight is not really the game. Last one I did, I outran all the people who overall finished behind me. In other words, I need to shoot more/faster/better.

Lowers are usually 8 to 9 oz. Bushy CF are 4.5. TAC with the brass inserts are 5.6. You would get the same difference going to 14.5 from 16 and not have a fragile lower.

Carrying the weight is not really the game. Last one I did, I outran all the people who overall finished behind me. In other words, I need to shoot more/faster/better.
If all they did was time you from start to finish including the shooting stages, minus your misses, then running would be a much more important aspect. But since the running and shooting are divided out and worth 50% each you definitely cannot forgo your shooting skills and equipment just for the sake of the run.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I'm booked there for Saturday night. I'm too much of a whimp to rough it and to cautious to do a long drive home afterward.

My run time is 3:15 so I'm going drive over in the morning.

My plan is to dazzle the RO's with a bright shirt so they don't notice how poor my shooting is. I haven't been able to shoot in months and it will show (thanks china, you arseholes)

I hope we can find each other and can hang out together.

PS - I'm bringing my meals along since I'm uncertain if there will be any restaurants open nearby.

View attachment 2657445
Sounds like you and I are in the same categories! I changed my hotel to Saturday night for the same reason as you. Four hours isn't too bad to wake up early to get there on time but driving home afterward is a different story. I'll be on the lookout for you. Thanks

Cool. Thanks for the advice, I'd never held a poly lower.

Oh lawd he said the "A" word lol....

Back
Top Bottom