• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

The guy (or gal) behind the username...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work for a Beer, Wine and Liquor Distributor. I manage the beer side operations, so there it is.. Beerman.

1 vote for OTD's most popular brother right here! Now bring me a beer beyotch! ..er I mean...kin I get ya anything bro? ;)

In the late 1990s, I was stumped trying to come up with a user name on ebay... everything I tried had been taken. Among the people I was representing at the time were geotechnical engineers, so the nomenclature of their profession was fresh on my mind. The layers below the surface of the earth (the substratum) are central to what they study and design for, so I typed it in, and it took. Been using it ever since.

HA! I spent 30 minutes trying to come up with a user name for Yahoo one day that wasn't already taken and I'm staring at this screen with "Please enter an original user name". Finaly I get pissed and type in "Originalmyass"! That was my email address for several years. Finally decided to make something milder for business and family and deleted it.

LOL, No brother I am Boocu Dinky Dau as well. ;)

Uhh...nah, man...hadn't noticed....:whistle:

Patronus - Latin for Protector. Actually short from my gaming name Atra Patronus(Dark Protector). What can I say? I'm a Paladin at heart. And who among us doesn't have a dark side?

Formerly mdog - shortened from my nickname "Mad Dog". I got that from a combination of a play on my last name and doing enough crazy **** back in my younger days to earn the title honestly. Not that I've mellowed all that much in my old age.

Navy slang for someone coming from another service. Army calls them OSVETs.

I spent more time in the field in the Navy than I did in the Army. Navy basic is more mentally challenging than the Army, but the Army is more physically demanding. I spent more time with the Marines, than most Marines. Army chow makes you fat. Navy chow makes you fatter, but Marine Corps chow makes you want to puke, and go eat a can of beans -n- wienies at the exchange. Going to the field with the Army was disappointing, with the Marines it was an adventure. Marines bleed more in the field, but go to sick call more back at base. Army takes more crap to the field than the Marines gets issued.

Best job in the Navy: FMF Corpsman 8404/0000

Goin to the field in the Army really depends on your Unit...IMO
Me and my soldiers always had a blast goin to the field. We came up with all kinds of games and pranks to make the time go by faster. If you had ****ty NCO's that would not allow such things, it got very borin very quick.

Mine pretty much sums up where I'll be going if the US doesn't get off it's current suicidal path. Unfortunately I'm not going there once a month like I used to, as I can't afford it anymore.

Atlas is shrugging....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom