• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

"The Ideal Milsurp"

the ideal military surplus firearm is simple to disassemble and reassemble, higher power caliber for versatility in hunting, as few parts as it can get away with, have a small amount of accessories made for it that do not permanently alter it, plenty of replacement parts in country, have a good supply of both mil-surp and commercial ammo made for it, and be fair priced.

thus a mosin bolt action rifle

the ideal military surplus firearm is simple to disassemble and reassemble, higher power caliber for versatility in hunting, as few parts as it can get away with, have a small amount of accessories made for it that do not permanently alter it, plenty of replacement parts in country, have a good supply of both mil-surp and commercial ammo made for it, and be fair priced.

thus a mosin bolt action rifle

I've just boarded the Enfield boat, so I'd have so say a fast, reliable, and accurate gun that won't let you down when you need it to be all those things.

I've just boarded the Enfield boat, so I'd have so say a fast, reliable, and accurate gun that won't let you down when you need it to be all those things.
i hunt with a mosin variant, same factory barrel just chopped down to 24 inches and installed a scope on it. mosins are very accurate of you get one in good-excellent shape, and a properly fitted bolt is very easy and quick to work.

i would understand that enfileds might be fitted better at the factory but you have to hand it to the mass produced, hurried built mosin to be as accurate as they are all things considered

i hunt with a mosin variant, same factory barrel just chopped down to 24 inches and installed a scope on it. mosins are very accurate of you get one in good-excellent shape, and a properly fitted bolt is very easy and quick to work.

i would understand that enfileds might be fitted better at the factory but you have to hand it to the mass produced, hurried built mosin to be as accurate as they are all things considered

True. I love my PU mosin. I mentioned it in a LGS I went to today and on the way out, on of the guys in the conversation asked to see a picture of it. Five minutes later he says he interested. Of course I want to keep it, but at the same time anything is for sale if the deal is good enough. Too bad he offered $300. I laughed all the way home, and it was a 45 minute job.

Been thinking about another M&G for C&R . Anyone want to shoot just for fun at the CMP Talladega or do something here in state? Riverbend or Creekside? Maybe later in the summer? June/July time frame? I know the ranges would welcome us with a nice sized group.

Back
Top Bottom