The Last Straw

Agreed! I mean now that things are slowing you would expect a little better attention to detail. We in America have a tendency to hire subpar intelligence to do even skilled work. We are our own worst example of skilled labor.
Amen!!!...$15/hr at BK or McD's and cant even get that right...days of workers caring about quality are long gone

I recently rebarreld at AR15 5.56 for a buddy of mine in Bedford. He didn't want to spend a whole lot of money converting a 20 inch barrel with a rifle length gas tube to a 16 inch carbine job on the cheap. So to keep cost down I gave him two options. A PSA nitride barrel or a AERO precision carbine barrel both with a A2 front sight. The price difference is a little over 60 bucks total. He decided on the PSA. I informed him you get what you pay for but I would do what he wanted.

The gun worked flawlessly for a good long time. So I get a call yesterday to get his rifle and give it a look over because it is having problems chambering a round. Or feeding the round whatever the proper terminology it function a bit should. After a quick look I see that he round is getting hung in the feed ramp and shoving the projectile back into the case. So know I have to remove the barrel and do feed ramp work and well as honing the chamber. When you can get it to chamber the round you almost can't get the round out because it is abnormally tight. To tight for comfort. This really pisses me off. I told him I didn't like there stuff real well but I would give it a whirl. Now they have left me with some work on there crap parts. I am not sending it back because this in has a real straight A2 front sight and I am afraid we will get one back that is canted which is another problem I have heard they have more than their fair share of problems with. It's not a whole lot of work but the principle of the deal is what chapps my balls. Never again will I even commit to working on anything with their new juck parts line. I have should have warned him sternly and made him step up to the pump. Oh well another lesson learned since this not the first. I have had two or three to many screw ups on their part but I gave in. NO MORE!
Too many parts going out to fast with minimal quality control.
Nothing worse than having to pay for something twice. Charge him full pop to fix it. He went cheap on the purchase. Now he gets to pay the piper.

Nothing worse than having to pay for something twice. Charge him full pop to fix it. He went cheap on the purchase. Now he gets to pay the piper.
I was raised by his mother along with her other three sons when my mother went to work. One was in diapers and the youngest wasn't even born yet when she started. She kept me the better part of 10 years. We stayed close through the years even going back to spend new Year's for a long time after I moved. Can you imagine 5 boys age 9 through 12 marching through the woods with 30-30's and 12 gauges shooting anything that moved. LOL. That's the way it was in Virginia in the mid 70's. Hunting was a way of life. It was ingrained into our psyche's at birth. We learn firearm safety before we were weaned of the tit. We would load up with ammo and be gone all day. Good times.

So he is a close friend. I will do it for nothing. Just the way I am. He is going to help me with replacing my door speakers in my truck. Not that I need help but he will do one door while I do the other. So he will make it up to me. It will all work itself out.

I was raised by his mother along with her other three sons when my mother went to work. One was in diapers and the youngest wasn't even born yet when she started. She kept me the better part of 10 years. We stayed close through the years even going back to spend new Year's for a long time after I moved. Can you imagine 5 boys age 9 through 12 marching through the woods with 30-30's and 12 gauges shooting anything that moved. LOL. That's the way it was in Virginia in the mid 70's. Hunting was a way of life. It was ingrained into our psyche's at birth. We learn firearm safety before we were weaned of the tit. We would load up with ammo and be gone all day. Good times.

So he is a close friend. I will do it for nothing. Just the way I am. He is going to help me with replacing my door speakers in my truck. Not that I need help but he will do one door while I do the other. So he will make it up to me. It will all work itself out.
Yeah, but he’ll get the lecture. Maybe he’ll get the point

Honestly not trying to be a dick, but are you positive it's 5.56 barrel and not .223?

And if it is a 5.56 then send that mutha ****er back.

Back
Top Bottom