• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Left pushing electric vehicles

bulletslinger101

Default rank <4000 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
35   0
Reaction score
Read it before you purchase. This is from a Tesla owner!!!!

Must read!!!!!

Here- I copied and pasted from the post:

Want to clear the air on electric car charging. FTR, we own a Tesla model S90D which we love. We bought it 2015 for its technology (period) and it is fun to drive for the grand price of $118,000. Today, my technology car's trade-in value is $40,000... ouch!

All said, this car is as expensive to own as a Lamborghini.

Washington DC is pushing these electric contraptions. What they are not telling you; it will always be more expensive to charge at a charging station then at home. Then again, charging at home with 50-amp power will only get you 30 miles/hr. charge till better technology comes along and you upgrade to a newer electric car. In addition, if you charge at home, the chances that you have enough power in your panel is slim with serious dollars to upgrade the electric panel. Or, if you rent a house or an apartment good luck and deep pockets to set-up a charging port.

Now, my seven-year-old Tesla is in great condition. But when will the car batteries die, at what cost? I am told the cost is over $15,000 to replace. Not only that, what landfill will end up with these batteries?

Washington DC is pushing electric and the bureaucrats pushing for electric will not do anything to stop the pain at the pump. Unfortunately, they do not care. ELECTRIC CARS are not the answer.

I guess I need to invest in a big generater truck to provide battery charging along side of rode.
I have a battery golf cart I use for hunting you sho better pay attention to that battery meter.so many things determine how far you go on a charge—-how fast you run-terrain hills or flat—-how much weight 1-2-3 people makes a difference.im sure the cars are going to be same.

I had a conversation with a guy a couple of weeks back, he insisted that electric is the ONLY solution moving forward. Public gas pumps became a 'thing' in the late 1800's, it has taken over 100 years to get the infrastructure in place to support the demand for fossil fuel vehicles. Now, with the same lack of planning and foresight that was used when closing the Keystone pipeline and de-incentivizing fossil fuel production in the US, the ridiculous 'left' is doing all they can to push electric vehicles down our throat - and our illustrious Commander In Incompetence is forwarding the agenda.

The technology is NOT where it needs to be to accommodate any type of long distance travel (e.g., my employees and I drive 1k plus miles a day when going to remote job locations, stopping every three hundred miles to wait for a 2 or 3 hour charge time - assuming I can find a charging station - is a big NO for me). The charging infrastructure is NOT in place to provide ample charging stations for the volume of potential electric vehicles that would be on the road. The electrical grid in some places will need to be substantially upgraded to accommodate the mass update of charging stations.

I have no issue with moving into new technology, I have no issue with making great strides to sustain the planet, but, IMHO...prematurely forcing people into a technology that isn't ready for mass consumption is nonsensical and is only being forced because of the financial gain for certain groups of people (politicians and the people that have funded their career). F*** 'em , I'm out, I will be driving fossil fueled vehicles until the government takes them away!!!

“A fool and his money are soon parted”. Just wait until the Russians take down or cripple the power grid......bwwaaaaaaaahhhhhaaaaa. .....no charging for you!
"I'll just switch over to my solar panels! Why, I doubt it'll take more than 7 or 8 days of good sunshine to give me enough of a charge to get to the grocery store and back."

Back
Top Bottom