The McRib is back!

Just the meat:

The ‘pork’ is restructured meat, meaning that there is no real quality meat involved. Instead they use the disposable innards of the pig such as tripe, heart, and scalded stomach which are then turned over to a process which cooks all of the pig scraps in water and salt. This process extracts all of the salt-soluble proteins and congeals everything together into a rubbery concoction respectfully titled as a “pork patty”.

Notice the ingredients propyl gallate and BHA. This preservative is one to look out for, as it can cause promoted urinary bladder and thyroid carcinogenesis. Studies have noted that BHA and propyl gallate showed additional effects in inducing stomach hyperplasia and cytotoxicity.
This isn't nearly as scary to those of us that grew up with the smell of our grandmother boiling chitterlings ins the kitchen! Tripe and Souse meat are a delicacy where I'm from. Bring on that Mc Rib deliciousness!

Boooya ! I enjoy fast food once or twice a month. I remember when the McRid first came out, mmmm mmmmmm. Don't care what anyone says, McD's rocks !
Yeah, I remember when they first came out too. The story has always been that they expected it to be so successful that they bring it back every year, trying to get rid of the left-overs. They've been doing that for more than thirty years.

Yummy!

A cousin of mine ordered a McRib, and apparently a piece of, as they called it "gristle" caused him to start choking severely. He pretty much inhaled the piece of "whatever it was" (I think bone), and it punctured his lung. He spent nearly a week in ICU, and before anyone asks No, I'm not joking.

Back
Top Bottom