• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The most peaceful marine.......

And in less than 6 months of retiring from the military, they sent him home with leukemia without a military retirement, because he got it from some of the places he was sent to helping keep us free. That really was a kick in gut for all he did for this country....

I read and re-read that book years ago just to make sure I understood the ending. He got hosed out of his retirement because the ****ing Corp couldn't find a desk jockey position for him to fill for 6 months.

I still bring that up to my Marine Corp buddies every time I get a chance, most of which were officers, and they usually quickly change the subject.
Shameful and inexcusable treatment of an American hero.

And in less than 6 months of retiring from the military, they sent him home with leukemia without a military retirement, because he got it from some of the places he was sent to helping keep us free. That really was a kick in gut for all he did for this country....

Not just the Marines do this. The Army had a guy get Mad Cow in early on in Afghanistan and discharged him out of the military with no treatment. Look at the treatment of the murdered guy at Ft. Hood the army reported as awol. He was probably killed by a fellow soldier and while on duty.

Back
Top Bottom