• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

The NEW Gunnytime...with Adam Baldwin

furious

Default rank <4500 posts Lifetime Supporter
Don't let yesterday use up too much of today.
261   0
Reaction score
Well on paper it sounded great. I was excited to see it and really thought that Adam Baldwin would be an excellent replacement for the late R. Lee Ermey.

Boy was I wrong. Sure, the guns are always cool to see, but Baldwin is a Hollywood actor, NOT a former Marine. He's wearing brand new cheapo tactical gear straight from China and him screaming "OORAH!" just makes me cringe. They actually have him in front of a green-screen and project outdoors behind him for commentary. It looks terrible.

Yes, Baldwin is a Conservative and fights for our rights but he's no Gunny. Sadly, this show sucks now. :(

zUntitled.png

You would think they could find an actually Gunnery Sergeant to do the show. R Lee Emory was great, but a lot of that was because he was the 'typical' gunny. Kind of like all pilots sound like Chuck Yeager, I'll bet a lot of retired gunny's sounds like 'Gunny".

From what I've seen it is a revolving set of hosts. Baldwin is just one of them. I'm still waiting for the yummy Kristin Joy Weiss to take a shot at hosting it...if they let her, that is...

Well on paper it sounded great. I was excited to see it and really thought that Adam Baldwin would be an excellent replacement for the late R. Lee Ermey.

Boy was I wrong. Sure, the guns are always cool to see, but Baldwin is a Hollywood actor, NOT a former Marine. He's wearing brand new cheapo tactical gear straight from China and him screaming "OORAH!" just makes me cringe. They actually have him in front of a green-screen and project outdoors behind him for commentary. It looks terrible.

Yes, Baldwin is a Conservative and fights for our rights but he's no Gunny. Sadly, this show sucks now. :(

View attachment 1735793
I saw this when it aired.....hard to swallow..there are better alternatives...I miss Gunny!

biker_bill biker_bill , you need to host this show.

Thanks, that's an awesome compliment. I really liked that guy, he's a typical example of us all. :becky:

What the gunny had and what all Parris Island Marines would recognize is a 3rd Battalion voice.
(When you've done so much screaming you've ruined your voice, it gets that kind of gravely sound to it.)

Once your voice was ruined on the PI drill field they sent you to 3rd Battalion.

Eight years ago I returned to PI to see my nephew graduate from the 3rd Battalion.
Sure as shootin his Senior DI's sounded the same and that was 35 years later!.

What we need is a gunny that's done 2 tours on the drill field on PI and one as the Senior DI in 3rd Battalion.
Then we will at least have a voice that sounds right and the look/carry you would expect from such a fella.

Semper Fidelis,
Another Old Grunt

Back
Top Bottom