• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

The new normal

Hasselhoss

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
168   0
Reaction score
Glock re-releases OD Glocks. They sell new for $525. The week they re released an ODT'er rushes out to find one and immediately flips it here for $175 profit.

Someone says they saw Shields for $399 at Clyde's. Two hour later Athens area ODTers list them here for $600. Pics taken in their cars.

Springfield announces the XDs in 9mm. They shipped out this week with the first shops getting them yesterday. They are $476- $529 at shops. An ODT member rushes out to find one today specifically to flip for a $150 profit on the ODT.

I don't like the "new normal". It's sleazy.

Last edited:
Yep just gotta weed the scab flippers, not to mention idiots for potentially drawing federally attention to themselves, out of the crop these days.

You must not remember when the xdm first came out, or the gen 4 Glock. Heck I remember people doing back in the day with the gen 2 and 3 Glocks. This is nothing new.

I buy guns cause I want to shoot them. I buy some guns to invest, or to give to my kids so they could. Going out and buying a new sheid or ammo to flip? Naw, Im too much of a hoarder. Well unless it's for trade:D

- - - Updated - - -

Not true. If I wanted one and was willing to pay MSRP, go to the store and some asshat bought all of them to illegally flip for a huge profit there's a huge problem.

Absolutely! Damn Asshats.

that's the free market though.. if you can get somthin and I cant, and I am willing to pay a premium to get yours, where is the harm.. a bit sleazy, yes if they are manipulating the sale price too high - but no different from used car dealers right? the free market has its own way of dealing with those who try to take advantage - buyers don't pay their price and they end up getting squeezed.. their costs are too high and they end up selling at a loss.. I mean, its not like they are selling you insurance you don't need and forcing you to buy it at their prices to help pay for others they are giving it for free to - and you pay or else you get irs playing tag on your paycheck..

Back
Top Bottom