• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

the new Remington 1100 sporting

Lowrecoil

Default rank <2500 posts Supporter
my last word will probably be oops.....
68   0
Reaction score
I got the chance to check out a new 1100 yesterday. Seems to be a solid gun. I tried to give it the benefit of doubt even though my sturbborn brain was screaming "thats not a real 1100! ugh!!" They call it the 1100 sporting. Decent looking wood furniture. Gone are the etchings on the receiver but it does have a remchoke system intead of a fixed choke. I have a couple of the new 870's and I like them so Ill probably end up with a 1100 as well. Whats one more gun going to hurt,right?

I got the chance to check out a new 1100 yesterday. Seems to be a solid gun. I tried to give it the benefit of doubt even though my sturbborn brain was screaming "thats not a real 1100! ugh!!" They call it the 1100 sporting. Decent looking wood furniture. Gone are the etchings on the receiver but it does have a remchoke system intead of a fixed choke. I have a couple of the new 870's and I like them so Ill probably end up with a 1100 as well. Whats one more gun going to hurt,right?

When did they release this? I'm not sure I want to take a chance on one of the new ones when there are other solid, proven choices out there. I'm an old Rem 1100 fan. I honestly did not even know they were in production again. But, if the price point is right I would take a look at one.

When did they release this? I'm not sure I want to take a chance on one of the new ones when there are other solid, proven choices out there. I'm an old Rem 1100 fan. I honestly did not even know they were in production again. But, if the price point is right I would take a look at one.
I had heard they were going to start producing them again but I never seen an official release or any kind of notification. I even looked online after I got back in the truck and couldnt find anything. they are pricey! 1199 plus tax.

I was in there to pick up a transfer and one of the guys mentioned they had one in the back.

I don't know about the new ones, but the old ones are rock solid, beautiful and Rem choke
I have several of the older ones and I was really hoping the new ones would be up to that stadard but I dont think we will ever have that again. I assume its a cost/production thing. lighter,faster,more profit.

I have several of the older ones and I was really hoping the new ones would be up to that stadard but I dont think we will ever have that again. I assume its a cost/production thing. lighter,faster,more profit.
I totally agree. I only buy new if it wasn't available in a old model just for that reason

I had heard they were going to start producing them again but I never seen an official release or any kind of notification. I even looked online after I got back in the truck and couldnt find anything. they are pricey! 1199 plus tax.

I was in there to pick up a transfer and one of the guys mentioned they had one in the back.
At that price range I would buy the browning maxus

Back
Top Bottom