• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info
Finally had it last night with my buddy. We also had Weller William Larue to compare it to, which WAS my previous favorite. But now, it's the Pappy. It was the most flavorful bourbon I've ever had.
20230104_001518.jpg
bourbon

Funny story. We were staying at the hotel Monteleone in NOLA, you know, the one with the rotating bar. This was during the plandemic, the rotating bar was closed. The other bar was open but you could only order a drink and then leave with it.

I saw a bottle of Pappy on the shelf and ordered a shot, neat. Figuring it would be at least $50 I get it in a plastic cup :censored: and a bill for $175, it was the 20 year old Pappy, didn't know at the time there were different ones......... add 20% and take my stupid plastic cup and azz back to the room, not looking forward to telling the wife. I walk in with puppy eyes and tell her what I had done. She was pissed, only at the stupid plastic cup. She's a keeper :D

Finally had it last night with my buddy. We also had Weller William Larue to compare it to, which WAS my previous favorite. But now, it's the Pappy. It was the most flavorful bourbon I've ever had.View attachment 5166678 bourbon
The family responsible for it says the closest thing, they believe, you can get flavor profile wise is actually makers mark 46. Do with that what you will. Found it interesting myself.

Funny story. We were staying at the hotel Monteleone in NOLA, you know, the one with the rotating bar. This was during the plandemic, the rotating bar was closed. The other bar was open but you could only order a drink and then leave with it.

I saw a bottle of Pappy on the shelf and ordered a shot, neat. Figuring it would be at least $50 I get it in a plastic cup :censored: and a bill for $175, it was the 20 year old Pappy, didn't know at the time there were different ones......... add 20% and take my stupid plastic cup and azz back to the room, not looking forward to telling the wife. I walk in with puppy eyes and tell her what I had done. She was pissed, only at the stupid plastic cup. She's a keeper :D

Putting something top shelf like that in a plastic cup should be a crime.

Finally had it last night with my buddy. We also had Weller William Larue to compare it to, which WAS my previous favorite. But now, it's the Pappy. It was the most flavorful bourbon I've ever had.View attachment 5166678 bourbon
Bought two different bottles a few years ago. Never going to drink them. It was stupid I spent that much. Maybe in my deathbed

Back
Top Bottom