• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info
Don't you got kids to do that kind of stuff?

I do.

They helped get the $2 Lowes mulch out of the van and prepositioned into the yard.

Both had plans tonight and that's a good thing and we have them the rest of the weekend. Since they are rocking college scholarships we tend to give them a wide berth. They lose the scholarships we'll change that tune...

You may want to do a doubletake, bub.

Ok. They have admitted to sourcing some of their distillate to keep up with demand.

The article you linked is a pure hate piece from someone that freely admitted he refused to contact the distillery for any answers. Sounds very biased and like he has an agenda towards them. But to think that they 100% source everything and refuse to admit it, despite having their own still and a master distiller is just ludicrous. Quite a few other brands on liquor store shelves doing the same thing that aren't getting any bad press about it.

I don't really care for distilleries that aren't transparent with where there juice comes from either. My previous statement was based on talking to someone who works there and a limited amount of online research, including what they say on their website.

Whatever the case, I still think what they are putting on shelves tastes pretty good.

Having a few pours tonight and I was going through my safe and decided to open up my father in laws lock box. He’s been gone almost a year now. I pray you all have FIL’s as good as mine was. It’s a special feeling to hold this and remember him. To all you veterans, especially those who served in Vietnam, y’all are a special breed!! Cheers!!!

IMG_7661.jpeg

Whatever the case, I still think what they are putting on shelves tastes pretty good.
At the end of the day, that’s all that matters. Drink what YOU enjoy.

I don’t understand all the faux hate for brands that are not producers. NDPs are a huge part of the industry, and many of them are very well regarded by Fred Minnick, Paul Pacult, Chuck Cowdery, and other professional judges and distillers. Throwing shade at a brand because they ‘don’t make their juice’ is like hating Chic Fil A because they don’t raise their own chickens.

What a literal buzzkill. I really liked their bourbon, so my palate must not be the greatest.

I wasn’t impressed with the Moonrise Distillery’s stuff (Rabun County) but I saw several different types of their bourbon in the package store today. Anybody tried some of their newer versions?

Guy in front of me bought two bottles of Weller’s 10 for about $130 each. I got the Fiddler’s toasted for $75’ish.

So many new names in bourbon. I may have to stick with Scotch.
I just cracked a bottle of their rye . Great stuff . We done their tour / tasting highly recommend.

Ok. They have admitted to sourcing some of their distillate to keep up with demand.

The article you linked is a pure hate piece from someone that freely admitted he refused to contact the distillery for any answers. Sounds very biased and like he has an agenda towards them. But to think that they 100% source everything and refuse to admit it, despite having their own still and a master distiller is just ludicrous. Quite a few other brands on liquor store shelves doing the same thing that aren't getting any bad press about it.

I don't really care for distilleries that aren't transparent with where there juice comes from either. My previous statement was based on talking to someone who works there and a limited amount of online research, including what they say on their website.

Went on tour of 13th Colony in Americus . Looking at size of building and operation hard to believe they have distribution they have . Having said that the stuff in their bottles is good and that's what matters at end of day .

With 32 bottles, it's hard to chose what to drink, so for a while now I've been asking Google to random number generate. It's a great way to try them all.

First pick was Penelope Architect. A decent bourbon, the oak really comes through in it. Not my favorite, probably won't buy again, but if someone offered it to me, I'd drink it.

Second pick was Barrell Rye Single Barrel Cask strength. High rye spice with mapley notes. I'm a Barrell fan, especially their Dovetail and Seagrass. This one is a winner too.

We'll see what the third pick is in a bit

Back
Top Bottom