The perfect bow hunter. Misses a third of the deer he shoots at.

This should be re-phrased to "throughout the career of a good bowhunter, the hunter will miss one third of the shots taken..."

These numbers are probably worse than one third for a new bowhunter, but can be more than reversed for a hunter with lots of experience.

I'll bet I missed more than a third when I was younger. Once you settle in and decide that 20-25 yards is what you're looking for, you won't be so anxious. Of course when the right buck walks up and appears to have a Christmas tree on his head you'll be glad to send the arrow 40-50 yards...And you will most likely miss.

I have learned a thing or two about trial and error. Once you have the range settled within your own self, and you stick to it religiously, closing the distance is the real challenge, and most of all, it is the thrill. The shot is a done deal most of the time if you can figure how to get right in there on them. This is where experience becomes a real factor.
This thread is actually in reference to another thread that was closed in which a member vilified the OP because he felt he did not use enough skill on his first bow hunt and had missed, but then the accuser says that he has only shot at three deer in his life with a bow and missed one of them.

Just found that level of hypocrisy hilarious.

The "accuser's" claim that his only miss was because his arrow struck an unseen muscadine vine and exploded in mid-air is pretty hilarious too. I know carbon arrows can supposedly "explode" if they are cracked bad enough, but I've never seen it happen. I've accidently put carbon arrows through plywood without doing anything more than scratching the paint on it a little.

The "accuser's" claim that his only miss was because his arrow struck an unseen muscadine vine and exploded in mid-air is pretty hilarious too. I know carbon arrows can supposedly "explode" if they are cracked bad enough, but I've never seen it happen. I've accidently put carbon arrows through plywood without doing anything more than scratching the paint on it a little.

Magical exploding arrow. Get it right. You best know when you are on the presence of greatness yo.

Believe it or not I shot one into a brick wall just to see what it would do, it STUCK IN THE WALL!!! It didn't shatter or magically explode, it did barely splinter a little right where the field point butts up to the shaft. I've heard of them splintering when hitting shoulder bones but I've never actually seen one.

Magical exploding arrow. Get it right. You best know when you are on the presence of greatness yo.
YO! Lol

Believe it or not I shot one into a brick wall just to see what it would do, it STUCK IN THE WALL!!! It didn't shatter or magically explode, it did barely splinter a little right where the field point butts up to the shaft. I've heard of them splintering when hitting shoulder bones but I've never actually seen one.

YO! Lol

Novice. All you need is a million hours of practice, a 1800 dollar bow, and a knot in a vine. You been slackin.

Back
Top Bottom