• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

The Redhawk 357 has Landed!

Bayou

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
0   0
Reaction score
Hi, All -

I'm as giddy as a kid on Christmas morning!

The 357 Redhawk arrived yesterday after a long hunt. It's in better condition than I expected (purchased off of GB). Very tight lock-up. The smith at the LGS rated its condition as "excellent". 7.5 inch tube. A heavy bird, indeed, but that's what I wanted - a heavy shooter. No nesting for this bird!

Here's some pics. Pictured with the Redhawk is the Security Six with 6 inch tube for the fun of comparison.

So, a rather uncommon bird has come home to roost! Thankfully!

Bayou52

Bayou

Love it, I have been looking for one of those for several years.
I also want a Redhawk in 45lc since I have the 44mag in 5.5" and 7.5".

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

I was looking for quite some timee, too.

Can I ask you what grips do you use on your impressive RHs? Do you use factory or some other? Just seems like the factory grips are a tad undersized for those birds.

Thanks -

Bayou52

Funny how things work out!
I was playing around in the Gun Business when the Redhawk came out in 357 magnum and 41 magnum.
they sat in the sales case for months and months, finally were marked down to cost to sale and they still sat for quite a while.
Nobody wanted anything except the 44 mag.
now they are collectable.
enjoy.

Hi, Guys -

First off, thanks so much for all of your comments and compliments on the 357 Redhawk. I didn't expect to find one, as I had been looking for some time, and this one flew in front of me strictly by chance, so I nabbed her.

Yes, the 357 Redhawk is fairly uncommon, and many folks are not aware they were ever made. I understand that they were manufactured just for a couple of years, between 1984 and 1986. I've read that 5,000 were made in 5.5" and another 5,000 were made in 7.5", and that's it. I understand that the GP 100 model was introduced, so the Redhawk 357 model was discontinued.

Per the serial number, this particular Redhawk was made in Oct. 1984. Luckily for me, the original owner's bill of sale was in the box. Dated November 1984. Selling price brand new back then: $381.00.

Thanks again, Guys!

Never saw a Ruger Redhawk I didn't like, but I like it best in .454, lol.

And I'm thinking one of the things I like best is I can shoot the lighter cheaper 45 colts and I just realized you have the same ability to shoot the lighter cheaper .38 Specials.

I might have to keep an eye open for one of those unicorns ...... lol

Back
Top Bottom