• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The ultimate bulk annealing setup.

ThePastafarian

Default rank <400 posts Lifetime Supporter
Have You Been Touched By His Noodly Appendage?
99   0
Reaction score
This is my answer to my least favorite process of rifle reloading. This is a $180 induction heater from Amazon that I have wired to a timer relay device. This allows me to dial in the the amount of time to get the perfect anneal on my brass. It’s mounted in a cheap monitor mount also from Amazon. But, the best part is having it mounted in the Dillon allows for almost complete automation. All I have to do it throw brass in the case feeder and crank the handle. I was able to anneal about 1000 pieces of 5.56 brass in 2 hours.

94B75E12-BAA3-4EE7-862D-5693B61DA793.jpeg

I got the induction annealer build from this video.

If you have a press with a removable tool head like the XL750, why would you anneal any other way?

keep us posted on the results. I've been considering an annealing setup but most are cost prohibitive for me.

I'd like to anneal some of my higher power rounds, as well as making 300BO cases. If you have any suggestions the tyou learned from your setup, or suggested parts, let us know.

and more photos of your setup would be great!

keep us posted on the results. I've been considering an annealing setup but most are cost prohibitive for me.

I'd like to anneal some of my higher power rounds, as well as making 300BO cases. If you have any suggestions the tyou learned from your setup, or suggested parts, let us know.

and more photos of your setup would be great!
A few changes I would make to this setup is a different clamp to attach the induction heater to the monitor mount. It currently uses steel hose clamps. I would also replace the momentary switch that comes on the unit to an on/off switch. That switch would of course require the outer shell of the unit to be taken off to get to the switch.

Even without using this annealer on the Dillon, it’s still much faster and more consistent than using a propane annealer. Plus making coils is as simple as pulling out some copper wire from old Romex and wrapping the copper around the appropriate sized deep well socket. When comparing the cost and and speed of my setup, it’s impossible to justify the AMP annealer.

I’ll take some more pictures of the setup and post them some time this week.

Back
Top Bottom