• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Things I'm thinking about -record keeping for the BATF

gh1950

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
105   0
Reaction score
Under the new proposed BATF rules, if you resell a gun for a "profit", you are a "dealer" and must be licensed.

I don't want to be accused of being an accessory or accomplice to the commission of a federal felony.

ODT has all sorts of sellers who insist on BOS "for their records".

Keeping "records" (more than one) sounds a little sketchy from the get go. Really, who other than a "dealer" has "records".

Would it make sense for sellers that require a BOS, I insist that they sign a statement that they are not making a profit on the sale of said firearm (with a copy of the BOS attached), all "for my records." I'm thinking you can't be too careful, and one needs to CYA these days.

Nothing stored digitally
Pay in cash when you can

If it can’t be destroyed in a fire, don’t use it.

And if you think this new proposed rule has any merit on the grounds of keeping Americans safe, well, bless your heart.

This is all about registry and more important to them tax collection. Can’t do any of that if it’s a non traceable private sale.

Squeezing water from a stone.

I think very quickly the gun market is going to change. Suddenly every gun will sell as a package deal with a VERY expensive case, holster, or sling.

"Nope, I LOST money selling that durned gun. But I made out a like a bandit selling the case!"

I can count on one hand how many times I’ve made money on a gun. In fact, most of the time, I lose a little bit. If they pass this law, I’m gonna start writing off my losses.

Back
Top Bottom