• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Things to include in your ad

Firewall

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
61   0
Reaction score
I was thinking it might be helpful for the new members if there were a sticky that suggests items to include when posting an ad to save on a lot of unnecessary questions

My suggestions

1. Make / Model / Caliber / Capacity / Finish of your firearm. (Not every one knows the specs on every model)
  2. Other than the gun, what is included? Such as box, manual, lock or additional magazines
  3. Pictures, see the Tiny Pic Plug-in Tutorial
  4. Price or trade interests
  5. General areas you're willing to drive to for a meet
  6. Estimated round count (if you know)
  7. If your gun model has had a recall, was your specific gun subject to that recall and has the work been completed if it was
  8. Contact information if you want to be contacted other than through PM

Great post. And as long as we are being informative on planning, make sure you have room in your inbox if you expect traffic from a post. I believe I saw a way to compress and save your PM's, so you can keep if needed later and make room in your inbox

+1 Vote Yes, would definately make a GREAT STICKY.
Add in, your correct REGION. Seems like some people think, all the Regions are related the ATLANTA area, or this is the ATLANTA area Shopper. NO the SOUTHEAST Region is NOT Gresham Park and NO the SOUTH Region is NOT Forrest Park. It's kinda scary these people own firearms and don't even know where they live in the State of Georgia. Perhaps a Region Map would help the hopeless?

Here's a couple more...

If your item doesn't sell, don't post it 4 more times without closing the other 3 posts. Either close the old one and start a new one OR start a new post pointing to the old post and put REPOST in the title.

When your item sells, trades, doesn't sell /trade or you change your mind PLEASE CLOSE the thread. Dont change the title to say delete or sold or thanks or traded or gone. Also, deleting the text from the original post doesn't work either. If it's no longer for sale / trade please CLOSE the thread.

My .02

I would strongly recommend that Caliber be typed without spaces.
Example: 22LR and 9MM
NOT: 22 LR and 9 MM

I can't search for "22" because it's only 2 characters but "22LR" has 4 pages of results.

Ideally I would like to get the classifieds area to a point where you would fill out boxes like caliber, make, model, etc. Then it would be easier to search and all listings would be a little more complete to start with.

I need to start looking into how much it would cost to get something like that made.

Ideally I would like to get the classifieds area to a point where you would fill out boxes like caliber, make, model, etc. Then it would be easier to search and all listings would be a little more complete to start with.

I need to start looking into how much it would cost to get something like that made.

That would be sweet.

YES, PLEASE! Surely there could be some sort of fundraiser to help with that.

Another tip for ads - Don't delete the text in the post after the item is sold! Email addresses or contact information can be removed but the specifics on the gun and what was asked for it is great for research.

Back
Top Bottom