• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Think weed is harmless?

I believe that smoke is highly regulated in a retail situation. But I do also believe that it is very likely being laced with something if you're buying it off the streets or whatever you want to call it. You never know what people can put in that crap or chemicals that are being used to grow it to make it stronger. I know a couple within a 20 mi radius of me who are in their late seventies early '80s and they could not get a medical marijuana card anywhere in Virginia. So they had to go out of state and I will tell you it's a long way to where they went to get their cards and they have to purchase out of state as well. Some areas just will not honor that medical marijuana card so they either have to drive enormous amount of miles to get it or they have to buy it off the street and the dealers that are doing that are making absorbitant prices on their product. So what do you do in that situation. I don't have to worry about it but I wonder you know when cancer patients actually need it what are they to do in areas like this? I actually worry about folks like that that have to take drastic measures and transport that stuff hundreds of miles just to get medication to deal with chronic pain or cancer patients or what have you.

Judge much? How’s that go… “Thou that judgest doeth the same thing” cute.
I'm not casting judging on them they're good people. Plus I used it for 20 years so I have no room to open my mouth about it. I'm not saying anything is wrong with using it medically I was merely bringing up the issue of it possibly being contaminated from buying outside the retail Arena. My best friend looked down on me for years for partaking meanwhile he drank whiskey and beer like it was going out of style. What I wanted to stop smoking marijuana I put it down one day and never went back. He just kept on drinking until he decided to stop and by that time his body was so used to having it he had to seek serious treatment just to keep his body from going into fits. I mean I don't hold anything against anybody on that front. I say let people be let him do what they want and let God sort it out in the end. It took some serious medicinal medication to help him deal with not having the alcohol. I believe alcohol is one of the worst drugs you can use. It lowers your inhibitions and you'll do almost anything after that. But for those who can drink tolerated and do it in moderation I don't have any problem with that either.

Oh I thought you were saying that against me but you were talking about baptist. I've been a Christian since I was 5 years old and I can't think of a more Insidious group of Christians than the Baptist. You have to try to be a good person you also have to try to be that way without being critical of others and talking about them behind their back. We used to joke about it in Frederick Oklahoma because they could not serve alcohol in the clubhouse you had to bring your own. We used to crack jokes because you could see the names on the bottles and the Baptist had the biggest bottles in there. LOL

There's never been a documented death by overdose of marijuana/THC...
I was curious after reading your statement. Not sure how valid this information may be.

States: “However, if we remove all the cases which involved drug mixing and look only at those cases where a fatal dose of cannabis alone was present, we still have 18 deaths due to poisoning by cannabis alone in 2014. Trends in poisoning by cannabis alone are given in Figure 2.”

I was curious after reading your statement. Not sure how valid this information may be.

States: “However, if we remove all the cases which involved drug mixing and look only at those cases where a fatal dose of cannabis alone was present, we still have 18 deaths due to poisoning by cannabis alone in 2014. Trends in poisoning by cannabis alone are given in Figure 2.”
The truth is that although marijuana is one of the safest drugs around, far safer than opioids, alcohol, Tylenol, or antidepressants, it is still toxic when the dose is large enough. So, let’s take a look at the real facts.

really bro? 18-22 people a year...prove they died from a plant. more people die from tylenol vs THC based on your link.

Back
Top Bottom