Thinkin' about my 1st Spyderco Knife

Pretty sweet! Been looking at an endura myself! Spyderco makes some good stuff!

Last edited:
I know what your saying... I seems allmost every one I know has broken the tip off their Spyderco knives. I've never owned one, and I think of myself as a Cold Steel kinda' guy... But I'd like to try this one out as a carry knife, as its rare that I carry a gun at all times, but I ALLWAYS have a knife.

#1: I agree with klark...Spyderco has always seemed pricey to me for what you get. Not a bad knife by any means, but never really was able to justify the price point for myself...that said, I own three :lol:

#2: for a defensive blade, that one is pretty limited to hack and slash. For me, I'd want a stabbing tip in case I didn't have room to maneuver for a slice.

Eugene, I say get what makes you happy.

I learned long ago that a knife for defensive carry, should fall within the style of the carriers fight situation and skill.

While this knife looks like it would cause a fair amount of damage, the folding style will possibly under deliver.

I am never without a solid fixed blade, usually a neck knife. I will post a pic of few I own.

My EDC is an automatic Microtech Combat Troodon, and even it has its limitations.

Benchmade makes some great defensive carry knives.

1st spyderco was a black tef. coated serr. blade endura. Loved that knife. Got drunk one night around the bonfire and somehow dropped it. Damned dog found it before I did the next morning and chewed the s#@! out of it! Replaced it with a plain blade endura and carry it every day. Have a Cold steel scimitar and recon. Love 'em both but they are bulky & heavy. Don't carry 'em much.

Back
Top Bottom