• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Third one this week......whistle pig!

Yes they are. I bought this one new in ‘96 or ‘97. It would be last one to go if I had to sell my guns! I have several 22 magnums but this is my favorite.

My Dad bought it a few years ago, and a while later my brother decided to claim it. Lol...Funny how that works. I buy guns for my Dad. My brother takes guns from my Dad. :doh:

I don’t know why Marlin stopped making these. IMHO they are the best semi auto 22 magnum ever made. Had to replace the bolt buffer a few months back, that’s the only problem I’ve had with it. Keep the chamber clean and they are good to go!

I don’t know why Marlin stopped making these. IMHO they are the best semi auto 22 magnum ever made. Had to replace the bolt buffer a few months back, that’s the only problem I’ve had with it. Keep the chamber clean and they are good to go!
They don't like the light weight 22 mag rounds like V-max as that buffer you replaced takes a beating.. Too much "snap"... The heavier grain like you are using are ideal..

They don't like the light weight 22 mag rounds like V-max as that buffer you replaced takes a beating.. Too much "snap"... The heavier grain like you are using are ideal..
I have gotten better accuracy with the 50 grain too, even out of my Marlin bolt rifles. The “micro-groove” barrels seem to prefer the heavier boolits.

The buffer I replaced was the original that was in it from new. I can’t complain after getting 22+ years of service from it!

If I shoot one I will eat it.tried one. wont shoot another,fox neither.

That was my "growing up hunting rule" too. You shoot it you eat it. Now that I'm older I know some inedible have to be taken care of as they are a nuisance but to this day I feel wrong when I shoot something and don't eat it.

Back
Top Bottom