• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

This gun has been in my family for generations...

If I left anything for my children it wouldn’t be for heirloom keepsake. It’d probably be a nasty ass, stamped AKM, with 8000 rounds of corrosive ammo. Maybe some body armor and a few ski masks. Keep the faith. Hold the line. Or don’t, you’re a free man now

I inherited a few firearms and other things. Never thought I'd sell any of them. Then my wife got horribly ill to the point of disability and the decision wasn't hard at all. I didn't like it, but the right thing to do was obvious. I still have a few of my dad's guns that wouldn't bring enough money to make a difference and I cherish them even more.

Fo'realdough ! I'm all in favor of hanging on to family heirlooms. But this is my stepfather and he's been a dick for decades . But that old dick just paid for a crate engine to go into his 91 Hardbody 4WD. And he's like 74...

My kinda man.

My father and mother made it a point to give me the very few sentimental items they had before they each passed. The items have modest intrinsic value (i.e. my father's Masonic ring). When he gave them to me, he made the comment that he was giving them to me "ahead of time" because he knew I would keep them and he didn't want to see them end up in a yard sale (brothers).

I like to say it is a generational thing, but my brother, 66, sees no sentimental value in anything. I'm leaving what little stuff I have to the grown son of a friend of mine who I have watched grow up.

As an aside if you have anything of sentimental or intrinsic value, GET A WILL DONE, and don't do it on legal zoom, or a form that you buy at Staples. Take your cheap ass to a qualified GEORGIA attorney and have one drawn up correctly.

Back
Top Bottom