• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

This past Sunday I ,,,,,,

Lobo1

Default rank <5000 posts
Lone Wolf
25   0
Reaction score
was in Home Depot picking up some lumber for a Honey Do project. Saw an elderly man and woman in the store. He was in a motorized wheel chair and was wearing a "W W II veteran " hat. I walked straight up to them smiling and looking at this frail old man looking back up at me. I looked and pointed at his hat and held out my hand. He took it and we shook hands while I said "Thank you Sir for your service and sacrifice". That old man smiled from ear to ear and his wife gave me the biggest hug,,,,,, I thanked her for her sacrifice too. Told her I can't imagine whet she went through while her husband was away. I am still floating on that high, two days later.

Thank you to ALL who have served in our armed forces.

Edited to add: to ALL who have served AND ARE PRESENTLY SERVING in our armed forces.

was in Home Depot picking up some lumber for a Honey Do project. Saw an elderly man and woman in the store. He was in a motorized wheel chair and was wearing a "W W II veteran " hat. I walked straight up to them smiling and looking at this frail old man looking back up at me. I looked and pointed at his hat and held out my hand. He took it and we shook hands while I said "Thank you Sir for your service and sacrifice". That old man smiled from ear to ear and his wife gave me the biggest hug,,,,,, I thanked her for her sacrifice too. Told her I can't imagine whet she went through while her husband was away. I am still floating on that high, two days later.

Awesome! Thank you brother for doing that!

What a great thing you did. Thank you and I will bet he is still floating from the high you gave him as well.

Awesome. I do the same whenever I can. I'm sure you made his day.

Great story, I imagine at that time and moment it brought some memories for him on how tough it was at that time. You made his day, but guys he and all the others have made our life, in living in this free country we live in today. Thank God for all of our Soldiers and Veterans past and present for fighting for our FREEDOM.

Many an old Vet (and younger ones too) feel forgotten, getting old and losing the people you grew up & served with can make you feel all alone. The Old Man who is wrinkled and Grey was once a Jolly Green Giant, who kicked, German, Japanese, North Korean and Vietnamese ass. Don't be shy, shake his hand:thumb:

I love doing this with veterans .

They always respond with smiles and handshakes .

They are also quite humble about their service .

More times than not their wives are there too and we have a few minutes to chat and they leave with merry hearts and big grins . :)

It's always a cheerful experience !

Back
Top Bottom