• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

this post has been removed from public view

heidiho.jpg

just wondering what is going on with that.

is this something only the mods can read?

does it ever permanently delete?

The permissions settings were changed to allow users to see their own deleted posts. It was done so you could see deleted posts that receive warnings to know what the warning was for, but you'll also see any post you self delete. No one by you and the mods can see it, and no, nothing on the internet is ever really deleted.

i get it. seems pointless. i dont want there being a permanent record of me
being an ******* so i will change them up

You can change the post, but no one but you and the mods can see it anyway. And yes, we can also see the edit history of a post so there's really no reason to edit it once you delete it.

just wondering what is going on with that.

is this something only the mods can read?

does it ever permanently delete?

The permissions settings were changed to allow users to see their own deleted posts. It was done so you could see deleted posts that receive warnings to know what the warning was for, but you'll also see any post you self delete. No one by you and the mods can see it, and no, nothing on the internet is ever really deleted.
I've had the same question as the OP, and the infractions portion of the answer makes sense. The "only you and the mods can see it" and "nothing on the internet is ever really deleted" isn't really an answer. There's no good reason why a self deletion can't be just that - deleted.

Back
Top Bottom