• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Thompson Machine Group Buy

End of the month. If I get to 5 I may send those in early, depending on interest level. But really, what's 3 weeks in the nfa game?

Really having difficulty deciding between the Isis22 and SWR Spectre II. Can you see the sights of a P22 or Ruger 22/45 with Isis? I am really just not sure. I know people will tell me to buy both but this will probably be my only 22 can. How is the customer service and warranty with TM? If I buy the Spectre then I know I can go visit it and shoot it until my approval comes back. Tough decision. A little unbiased help here.

Really having difficulty deciding between the Isis22 and SWR Spectre II. Can you see the sights of a P22 or Ruger 22/45 with Isis? I am really just not sure. I know people will tell me to buy both but this will probably be my only 22 can. How is the customer service and warranty with TM? If I buy the Spectre then I know I can go visit it and shoot it until my approval comes back. Tough decision. A little unbiased help here.

I don't see the purpose of raised sights. Sure it shows you're on target but if your suppressor is really heavy and weighing down the barrel, not to consider if your barrel fit tight or not, it could be pointing slightly down. The barrel is a loose part of the gun so once the recoil happen, the barrel is free from the slide. I'm sure the recoil happen before the bullet takes of, that slight release might have the barrel tilted down from suppressor weight. That's my theory. I just shoot my suppressor for giggles, I don't expect it to be accurate. It would be nice tho!

If you think about it. A suppressor or not, the regular sights will function perfectly without suppressor so when you have the suppressor on, just "estimate" where you want to shoot it. I usually line it up with the top line of the suppessor.

Last edited:
Put a red dot on top of your 22/45. :thumb:

I don't see the purpose of raised sights. Sure it shows you're on target but if your suppressor is really heavy and weighing down the barrel, not to consider if your barrel fit tight or not, it could be pointing slightly down. The barrel is a loose part of the gun so once the recoil happen, the barrel is free from the slide. I'm sure the recoil happen before the bullet takes of, that slight release might have the barrel tilted down from suppressor weight. That's my theory. I just shoot my suppressor for giggles, I don't expect it to be accurate. It would be nice tho!

I don't want to have to put raised sights for a 22lr can. I have seen the Warlock, Sparrow, Spectre and they allow you to still see the sights. The Isis22 is only a little larger in diameter so really want to know if the sights are still visible. I am sure I will want to shoot just for fun but I want to be able to hit plinking targets. I want to hit what I am aiming for.

Back
Top Bottom