• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Thoughts on Dillon CV-2001 tumbler?

Wtshaw1971

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
I have a friend who has a Dillon CV-2001 tumbler that he wants to trade. He says it's just too big for his needs. I've done a little bit of research on the CV-2001 and the main complaint that I saw was the motor burning out. Not sure if these are the few "squeaky wheels"? Or if this a a chronic issue?

Does anyone here own a Dillon tumbler? What has your experience been? I was to hear both the good and the bad.

Thanks.

I've got both the large and smaller ones, don't know the model numbers. They are the vibratory type polisher/tumbler. I do a fair amount of reloading, have for decades. My father had the large I had the small. He always said he should've gotten the smaller one and I use the smaller one more. My father passed about 4 yrs ago so I got his stuff . I do like the smaller one . But as for the quality, 10+ years on them both ( more I'm sure) with no issues at all. I love em both. Larger one is just bulky. MY OPINION AND EXPERIENCE only.

I have a Hornady tumbler that I've used for the past 5-6 years and it works great. The only thing I don't like about it is the capacity. I find myself tumbling a bunch of small batches. Thinking the larger Dillon would cut down on some of my tumbling time.

I can understand that. Some of the tumblers are really small, like 100 rounds of brass is about it. The larger Dillon can easily hold 500-750 rds of large pistol brass. Heck I wouldn't doubt if you couldn't get 1000 9mm in it ?

Mine is the Dillon FL-2000 (large) it measures 17" across and 9" deep bowl. Says on side. 2000 -9 mm....1200- .223 cases.....1000-.44 mag cases. plus corn cob media.
Edit...i polish for a couple hrs...probably too long but it doesn't hurt.

I think I'm inclined to take my friend up on the offer. It certainly can't hurt.
I think you will be happy with it. I don't know what they are going for now ( can look on Dillon site) but they not bad new, at least 15 yrs ago they weren't,! Lol. I think I paid about $65 for mine and $20 -$25 for the separator and bin ??

Back
Top Bottom