Thoughts on Gun/ammo stocks right now?

Which company would you buy right now?

• Total voters

atltrader

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
223   0
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has been buying any of the dips with the well known gun/ammo stocks out there right now? Been thinking about adding a few to the portfolio while they are low.

Idk. I bought S&W right before election figuring Hillary was gonna win. Lost my ass. Wife said it was small price to pay for her losing. It’s very cheap now but I just don’t know. Right now I’m kicking myself for not buying Rivian a couple months ago. It’s up $16 a share. But they were having some issues so I passed. Dumb me. Oh well.

It's always tough playing the woulda shoulda coulda game in relation to the market for sure. I had a chance to cash out of some stocks earlier this year and decided to let them ride and now wish I had the extra cash from what could have been. I'm no day trader but the price of S&W is really tempting. I know they are supposed to move into a new and improved facility in Tennessee next year but have no idea if that would put some extra energy into the stock price once they are there.

Which one (if any) pays the best dividends?

That's the one I'd go with. Almost a sure bet. Although these days it's hard to call almost anything a sure bet.

Just curious if anyone has been buying any of the dips with the well known gun/ammo stocks out there right now? Been thinking about adding a few to the portfolio while they are low.
I have owned olin for long time in my Roth account Smith Wesson twice Biden like Obummer good gun salesman

Ruger is a solid buy/hold. They pay good dividends and seem to be very stable.

Ammo stocks are over-valued since there's nowhere to go but down for a while.

I wouldn't buy anyone else though. Smith is too flakey, they come out with stuff that's either cool, boring or bizarre these days. And you never know what will be next. Not good if you are looking for a nice dependable stock.

Most of the gun companies I would want to buy stock in are private, so that's not an option. If PSA went public I'd be there for the IPO, but I don't expect that to ever happen.

I have been holding RGR since 2007... I sold half my lot when it doubled to take my money back out... The dividends have more than paid for it a couple times over and I am up >450% ... It's a long term game! I really should buy a Ruger pistol or rifle... lmao

Ruger is a solid buy/hold. They pay good dividends and seem to be very stable.

Ammo stocks are over-valued since there's nowhere to go but down for a while.

I wouldn't buy anyone else though. Smith is too flakey, they come out with stuff that's either cool, boring or bizarre these days. And you never know what will be next. Not good if you are looking for a nice dependable stock.

Most of the gun companies I would want to buy stock in are private, so that's not an option. If PSA went public I'd be there for the IPO, but I don't expect that to ever happen.
I find ammo stock to be a poor investment. You'll make more money by just buying the actual ammo itself and holding it to sell.

Back
Top Bottom