• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Thoughts on the Osprey 9

Hmmm.... I saw SilCo's 9K video and the numbers seemed high compared to other 9mm cans. That said, the thread you posted made a good point about this being a subgun can, with 70% of the volume of a full size 9mm can so I guess the numbers are pretty good. At an extra $100 or so over the Osprey it won't kill me but now the question is do I get the Osprey and leave the Ti-Rant on the MP or get the 9K for the MP and put the Ti-Rant back on the pistols? I've already invest in AAC's tri-lug though. So to get the 9K would be an extra $220-$240 over the Osprey.

#Muricaproblems

I think the 9K would be right at home on the MP, and I'd get the Griffin 3-lug for it to keep the short length (cheaper too I believe). And the Tirant 3-lug is an excuse to do another PCC. ;) But I honestly find switching between the Tirant 3 lug and the pistons to be a pretty quick process once it has cooled down.

I've got the osprey9 but can't really give you any comparison to other cans as it's all I have experience with. I have to say the clamping system is something that takes awhile to get used to and def do not over tighten it, stripping the teeth sucks. It's great on my Evo and I really enjoy it on all the pistols I've put it on. Cz sp01 tac, p09, p01.

I've got the osprey9 but can't really give you any comparison to other cans as it's all I have experience with. I have to say the clamping system is something that takes awhile to get used to and def do not over tighten it, stripping the teeth sucks. It's great on my Evo and I really enjoy it on all the pistols I've put it on. Cz sp01 tac, p09, p01.

You stripped your teeth?

Why? I know when I was first shopping for a 9mm can I wanted the Octane but the deal on the Ti-Rant was too good to pass up. I want something a little different. I dont care for the look of the Illusion.
It's tough, sounds good and breaks down for cleaning. I run mine on my machine guns and it takes the abuse like a champ

Not entirely but there's parts where if I lock it and try and tighten the can on it'll still move so I have to lock it down with out it being in the correct position and then unlock it to center it. Until I get my other cans and send it off to be fixed. I'm not entirely sure what happened it started to loosen and I tightened it and when I went to take it off it just started stripped the teeth.

Is the cam lever fastener coming loose? Mine took 3 days to go back to S-co (prepaid) then they repaired and returned it the next day.

Mine usually stays on my p228R, sometimes on my P220. Was going to pick up Octane but tall suppressor sights had conflict with my holster, so I got Osprey 45 instead.

Is the cam lever fastener coming loose? Mine took 3 days to go back to S-co (prepaid) then they repaired and returned it the next day.

Mine usually stays on my p228R, sometimes on my P220. Was going to pick up Octane but tall suppressor sights had conflict with my holster, so I got Osprey 45 instead.

The lines on that thing looks GOOD!!! WOAF!!! WOAF!!!

Back
Top Bottom